Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default YouTube quality option

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 03:45:17 -0500, Terry Pinnell wrote
(in article ):

Any YouTube experts around please?

I've been trying a tip I was given to add this string to the end of
the URL of a YouTube video, resulting in higher quality (if it's there
to start with, of course):
&fmt=18

It does seem to give higher quality playback.

I'm a YouTube novice so maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why
such an obscure way of actioning an important feature?

Also I find it odd that there's a simple one-click way to do it as you
see from my screenshot:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...YouTube-HQ.jpg

Yet that only appears AFTER you've added the suffix!

Wow! Not to hijack you post, but that really widens the stereo spectrum on my
cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop
[email protected] OBVIOUS.co.uk videoenterprises@NOSPAM.ntlworld.REMOVE OBVIOUS.co.uk is offline

Does it work on My Space as well?
Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.audio.pro
Misifus[_2_] Misifus[_2_] is offline

Ty Ford wrote:
[...]

"Wow!" is right, Ty. Big difference through my Sennheiser phones.

-Raf

--
Misifus-
Rafael Seibert

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rafiii
home: http://www.rafandsioux.com

youtube poor quality audio tg General 9 October 15th 07 03:46 PM
youtube poor quality audio tg Tech 9 October 15th 07 03:46 PM
Loudness War YouTube Video jwvm Pro Audio 1 June 30th 07 01:09 AM
(Youtube) I Get Some Emails And Read Them Perkoff Works Hard For His Money Car Audio 0 December 23rd 06 09:26 PM
How to download Youtube video? [email protected] Tech 6 December 16th 06 11:09 PM