Posted to rec.audio.pro
yrret yrret is offline

Default clean guitar for later amplification

When I record clean and try and run it through an amp later from my DAW
(unbalanced out from from an aardvark) I get extra hiss, extra noise. What
is good practise to record clean to amp later?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , yrret wrote:
When I record clean and try and run it through an amp later from my DAW
(unbalanced out from from an aardvark) I get extra hiss, extra noise. What
is good practise to record clean to amp later?

Purchase a reamp box or something similar that is designed to interface
your balanced source with the amp.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau[_4_] Romeo Rondeau[_4_] is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , yrret wrote:
When I record clean and try and run it through an amp later from my DAW
(unbalanced out from from an aardvark) I get extra hiss, extra noise. What
is good practise to record clean to amp later?

Purchase a reamp box or something similar that is designed to interface
your balanced source with the amp.
--scott

I just hook up a passive direct box backwards. Don't know if it's the
right thing to do, but it's always worked for me.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Romeo Rondeau wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , yrret wrote:
When I record clean and try and run it through an amp later from my DAW
(unbalanced out from from an aardvark) I get extra hiss, extra noise. What
is good practise to record clean to amp later?

Purchase a reamp box or something similar that is designed to interface
your balanced source with the amp.

I just hook up a passive direct box backwards. Don't know if it's the
right thing to do, but it's always worked for me.

It doesn't sound quite the same because it doesn't present the same source
impedance to the amp as a guitar pickup, and you often have to add an
attenuator to get the levels right, but it's often a usable substitute.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
genericaudioperson genericaudioperson is offline

Aardvark makes me think this is out of your price range, but the best
box around for this sort of stuff is the Millennia Media TD-1. You
get a world-class preamp, some useful eq controls, and the guitar
impedance in/out stuff you are looking for. If you are into recording
vocals, and then re-amping your guitar, this box will step you up to
world class in both of those areas. It might seem expensive to you,
but in the world of top-flight stuff, its a bargain.

Amplification Preben Holm Tech 16 November 14th 08 11:33 AM
Amplification without Distortion [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 23 November 2nd 05 08:37 AM
MP3 Player amplification? greggy Tech 2 January 30th 05 06:34 AM
best speakers without amplification Faive Car Audio 3 September 7th 04 09:28 PM
Current amplification All Ears Vacuum Tubes 35 August 29th 03 12:27 PM