Posted to rec.audio.pro
finding z0[_2_] finding z0[_2_] is offline

Default Wireless headphones (can you listen w/o disturbing others)?

Can't seem to do this with Senn RS120's hooked into a stereo receiver
the same way wired headphones worked. I have the tv speakers turned
off and have the receiver tuned to the TV. I've tried all the settings
on the TV and some of the settings on the reciever. So far no luck. Is
it possible? Or does the source have to be turned up so everyone can
hear it?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

finding z0 wrote:
Can't seem to do this with Senn RS120's hooked into a stereo receiver
the same way wired headphones worked. I have the tv speakers turned
off and have the receiver tuned to the TV. I've tried all the settings
on the TV and some of the settings on the reciever. So far no luck. Is
it possible? Or does the source have to be turned up so everyone can
hear it?

Speaker switch on the stereo?

jak
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"finding z0" wrote from Goooooooogle Groups...
Can't seem to do this with Senn RS120's hooked into a stereo receiver
the same way wired headphones worked.

We don't know what that means. How did you have the
wired headphones connected?

I have the tv speakers turned off

Does that also turn off whatever output from the TV
(undisclosed) you are using?

and have the receiver tuned to the TV.

We don't know what that means. We don't know how you
have the TV and the receiver connected.

I've tried all the settings
on the TV and some of the settings on the reciever.

Not enough information about the TV, the receiver, or the
interconnecton to really offer much help.

So far no luck. Is it possible?

Not enough information.

Or does the source have to be turned up so everyone can
hear it?

How did it work with wired headphones?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
TimR TimR is offline

I have a set of radio shack wireless headphones i found at a thrift
shop.

Connected to the television output terminals, they work fine anywhere
in the house. The TV speakers are still on, but I can turn them off
using a menu option and the remote, I just never bothered. They pick
up pretty far down my driveway before they get scratchy and cut out.

I'd heard a lot of bad things about sound quality from wireless
headphones. Well, they aren't audiophile quality, but they aren't
anywhere near as bad as I expected.

I actually bought them for somebody else, but she has a flat screen
with no headphone jack or audio outs, no obvious way to use them.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:51:31 -0800 (PST), finding z0
wrote:

Can't seem to do this with Senn RS120's hooked into a stereo receiver
the same way wired headphones worked. I have the tv speakers turned
off and have the receiver tuned to the TV. I've tried all the settings
on the TV and some of the settings on the reciever. So far no luck. Is
it possible? Or does the source have to be turned up so everyone can
hear it?

You want to connect the headphone base from the stereo receiver's
"record output" or "tape output" jacks. These are constant volume
level, so then just turn the receiver's volume control down or off.

All good fortune,
Chris Hornbeck

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] cedriclathan154@gmail.com is offline

wrote:

Can't seem to do this with Senn RS120's hooked into a stereo receiver
the same way wired headphones worked. I have the tv speakers turned
off and have the receiver tuned to the TV. I've tried all the settings
on the TV and some of the settings on the reciever. So far no luck. Is
it possible? Or does the source have to be turned up so everyone can
hear it?

You want to connect the headphone base from the stereo receiver's
"record output" or "tape output" jacks. These are constant volume
level, so then just turn the receiver's volume control down or off.

All good fortune,
Chris Hornbeck

Or, make an adapter so you can plug the base station into the
headphone jack of the receiver. That will also mute the sound going to
the receiver's speaker outputs. But, as stated, wiring the base
station to the rec. outs is the best way.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Nov 21, 3:19*pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
[...]

With the wired headphones connected to the receiver headphone jack (as
stated above) the source sound could not be heard except thru the
headphones. The volume control on the receiver could be up as well. I
may try some of the other suggestions here. Thanks to all.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

Can't seem to do this with Senn RS120's hooked into a stereo receiver
the same way wired headphones worked. I have the tv speakers turned
off and have the receiver tuned to the TV. I've tried all the settings
on the TV and some of the settings on the reciever. So far no luck. Is
it possible? Or does the source have to be turned up so everyone can
hear it?

You want to connect the headphone base from the stereo receiver's
"record output" or "tape output" jacks. These are constant volume
level, so then just turn the receiver's volume control down or off.

All good fortune,
Chris Hornbeck

Or, make an adapter so you can plug the base station into the
headphone jack of the receiver. That will also mute the sound going to
the receiver's speaker outputs. But, as stated, wiring the base
station to the rec. outs is the best way.- Hide quoted text -

The set comes with an adapter. This is the first thing I tried. No
joy.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Nov 21, 3:00*pm, jakdedert wrote:
finding z0 wrote:
Can't seem to do this with Senn RS120's hooked into a stereo receiver
the same way wired headphones worked. I have the tv speakers turned
off and have the receiver tuned to the TV. I've tried all the settings
on the TV and some of the settings on the reciever. So far no luck. Is
it possible? Or does the source have to be turned up so everyone can
hear it?

Speaker switch on the stereo?

jak

Yes, turned off as when I use wired headphones. I will revisit this.
It all should work. Sennheiser called me and said so.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[...]

Works with wired headphones (from receiver) when you don't use
'surround sound' option, and turn off speakers on receiver. I will
recheck wired phone settings and use the same with the wireless. I
thought I'd done this, but I'm 65 and sometimes forget which star
system I'm currently visiting.......
Posted to rec.audio.pro
finding z0[_2_] finding z0[_2_] is offline

On Nov 25, 1:42*pm, finding z0 wrote:

My bad. The wireless phones work using the same settings as worked for
the wired phones. Now, will the 900+ Mhz fry what's left of my
brains??