Posted to rec.audio.pro
reezekeys reezekeys is offline

Default How do you mount non-rack gear in a rack?

On Nov 23, 5:46 pm, wrote:
On Nov 23, 3:08 pm, reezekeys wrote:

I was also thinking of velcro, but wasn't sure if it was strong
enough, or how I would attach it. The sticky-back velcro tape
probably wouldn't work, it would need to wrap around, but ideally it
would have to be fastened to the shelf somehow.

I use velcro for the kind of thing you're doing. There's only a
cursory amount that attaches the units to the case. Then, two long
strips come from either side and wrap around the unit twice and under
the shelf surface. Strips are superglued on one end to the sides of
the case. I sort of said what the hell on that one : ). But it
works with the strips wrapped during travel and unwrapped during use.

Yep the velcro method seems to be the simplest. I wish there was a
way to do it without messing up the cases of these units.