Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

Default How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not all are the same.

"How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not all are the same."

Who said this?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Pooh Bear

Fella wrote:

"How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not all are the same."

Who said this?

Me probably.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

Pooh Bear wrote:

Fella wrote:

"How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not all are the same."

Who said this?

Me probably.

No, you did not. I can reveal that much that it was a borg that said it
though. Not the silly one. The dumb borg.

Although it was a borg note that no ABX's or DBT's are put forth as any
prerequisites. You just can "listen" and notice that not all QSC amps
are the same. Although you do this with or without a DBT or ABX, your
observation is reliable this time around. You see, the borg tell when
and where if one can listen with eyes open or not and when and where
this is reliable critical listening.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound and installed-sound
markets, probably just about everybody has heard a QSC amp, but just not
known it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound and
installed-sound markets, probably just about everybody has heard a QSC
amp, but just not known it.

One more reason I don't go to live rock concerts.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound
and installed-sound markets, probably just about
everybody has heard a QSC amp, but just not known it.

Not noticing the power amp being used would of course be a good thing.

One more reason I don't go to live rock concerts.

Last few times I went to classical and contemporary non-pop concerts there
was SR. In some cases it was for eveything including the music, in other
cases it was just for announcments. Probablility that QSC amps were in the
signal chain: high.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound
and installed-sound markets, probably just about
everybody has heard a QSC amp, but just not known it.

Not noticing the power amp being used would of course be a good thing.

One more reason I don't go to live rock concerts.

Last few times I went to classical and contemporary non-pop concerts there
was SR. In some cases it was for eveything including the music, in other
cases it was just for announcments. Probablility that QSC amps were in the
signal chain: high.

The only excuses that I can think of for SR at classical concerts are
for outdoor events/large venues (like Pavaroti in a sports arena) or for
announcements.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound
and installed-sound markets, probably just about
everybody has heard a QSC amp, but just not known it.

Not noticing the power amp being used would of course be
a good thing.

One more reason I don't go to live rock concerts.

Last few times I went to classical and contemporary
non-pop concerts there was SR. In some cases it was for
eveything including the music, in other cases it was
just for announcments. Probablility that QSC amps were
in the signal chain: high.

The only excuses that I can think of for SR at classical
concerts are for outdoor events/large venues (like
Pavaroti in a sports arena) or for announcements.

Another common reason - using vocalists who are acceptable if not desirable
to the audience but not classically trained.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound
and installed-sound markets, probably just about
everybody has heard a QSC amp, but just not known it.

Not noticing the power amp being used would of course be
a good thing.

One more reason I don't go to live rock concerts.

Last few times I went to classical and contemporary
non-pop concerts there was SR. In some cases it was for
eveything including the music, in other cases it was
just for announcments. Probablility that QSC amps were
in the signal chain: high.

The only excuses that I can think of for SR at classical
concerts are for outdoor events/large venues (like
Pavaroti in a sports arena) or for announcements.

Another common reason - using vocalists who are acceptable if not desirable
to the audience but not classically trained.

Do you mean, for example, pop/jazz singers performing with a classical
orchestra? I wouldn't call those "classical concerts", but I get your
point.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Jenn
Date: Fri, Feb 17 2006 11:36 am
Email: Jenn

The only excuses that I can think of for SR at classical concerts are
for outdoor events/large venues (like Pavaroti in a sports arena) or for
announcements.

When the Yo Yo Ma played at a wedding at the local Legion they had him
going through an old Shure Vocalmaster.

The sound was heavenly.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

In article . com,

From: Jenn
Date: Fri, Feb 17 2006 11:36 am
Email: Jenn

The only excuses that I can think of for SR at classical concerts are
for outdoor events/large venues (like Pavaroti in a sports arena) or for
announcements.

When the Yo Yo Ma played at a wedding at the local Legion they had him
going through an old Shure Vocalmaster.

Why?

The sound was heavenly.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Jenn
Date: Fri, Feb 17 2006 1:00 pm
Email: Jenn

When the Yo Yo Ma played at a wedding at the local Legion they had him
going through an old Shure Vocalmaster.

Why?

Otherwise all of the clinking glasses, laughter and calls for toasts
would've drowned out the sound of his cello.

As it was, the people involved in the Grand March could hardly hear
him.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Fella wrote:
"How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not all are the same."

Who said this?

I did. Your point?

The reason I asked was that I was replying to someone other than Morein
who was claiming that there was something wrong with the sound of QSC
amps. An opinion without any substantiation. This person did not
mention if there was another amp that the QSC was being compared to, or
which model it was. I was attempting to find out if there might have
been a reason why they might have found the amp in question to be
faulty.

Was it just bull****, IOW a claim made from not comparing the QSC to
another amp in DBT, or perhaps the amp in question might have actually
had a problem.

Given that there was no other information other than the claim the amps
sounded bad and they were to stupid to state the conditions of the
evaluation, I was simply trying to find out how it was done.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default Provincial concepts of quality

"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound
and installed-sound markets, probably just about
everybody has heard a QSC amp, but just not known it.

Not noticing the power amp being used would of course be a good thing.

One more reason I don't go to live rock concerts.

Last few times I went to classical and contemporary non-pop concerts there
was SR. In some cases it was for eveything including the music, in other
cases it was just for announcments. Probablility that QSC amps were in
the signal chain: high.

Not at the concert hall I attend: Verizon Hall at The Kimmel Center,
Philadelphia's new replacement for The Academy of Music.

Of course, I understand that where you live, discrimination, taste, and the
large endowments to satisfy them at a World Class level are not available to
the degree of the large coastal cities: New York, Philadelphia, Washington,
San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Your perspective is acceptable for a
provincial area. Here in Philadelphia, a QSC amplifier would not be found.
Indeed, in Verizon Hall, we do not use sound reinforcement. Many millions of
dollars were spent to make it unnecessary.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EE

wrote in message
oups.com...

Fella wrote:
"How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not all are the same."

Who said this?

I did. Your point?

The reason I asked was that I was replying to someone other than Morein
who was claiming that there was something wrong with the sound of QSC
amps.

They sound like ****, but since you live in a toilet, it would be hard for
you to tell.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

"Fella" wrote in message

[...]

One of the best concert halls in this country is within an hour's drive
of Arny's location. I wonder if he has ever been there.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Jenn said:

One of the best concert halls in this country is within an hour's drive
of Arny's location. I wonder if he has ever been there.

I believe he went once, but when he asked if they sold ear plugs, they
tossed him out.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:
Fella wrote:

"How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not all are the same."

Who said this?

I did. Your point?

The reason I asked was that I was replying to someone other than Morein
who was claiming that there was something wrong with the sound of QSC
amps. An opinion without any substantiation. This person did not
mention if there was another amp that the QSC was being compared to, or
which model it was. I was attempting to find out if there might have
been a reason why they might have found the amp in question to be
faulty.

Don't lie. The reason you asked that is because you are *too* s*too*pid.
You are so dumb that if you should ever get a flash of self-awareness you
would confess to being "to dumb" to even learn your own mother tounge.

But I digress, back to you putting your foot in your mouth, on another
occasion you lie .. err.. give another reason why you wrote those
unfortunate two sentences above.

What's unfortunate about trying to find out more about a vague review of an
amp?

Do tell us duhmickey, what was that
other lie .. errr.. reason you put forth on that other occasion. Save us
some googling. If you wont I´ll paste it up here in a jiffy.

Well since you asked so nicely dickless, the other reasons were because
there are differnt types of QSC amps, some listed as Class AB some as class
H, which as Trevor will point out is just a variation of Class AB. Some
people believe that different classes of amplification sound different. I
simply wanted to find out more about the reasons one would have for thinking
they heard something bad from one of the QSC amps.

I'm sure you will continue to make up yor own story about my reasoning on
this matter, just as you did when you couldn't tell your own amps apart,
even though you know one is better than the other.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote:

One of the best concert halls in this country is within an hour's drive
of Arny's location. I wonder if he has ever been there.

Yes, he was there. He even had the church choir packed into the
back of the wagon.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

ups.com...
From: Jenn
Date: Fri, Feb 17 2006 1:00 pm
Email: Jenn

When the Yo Yo Ma played at a wedding at the local Legion they had him
going through an old Shure Vocalmaster.

Why?

Otherwise all of the clinking glasses, laughter and calls for toasts
would've drowned out the sound of his cello.

As it was, the people involved in the Grand March could hardly hear
him.

Nobody paid attention?
He was just background music?
Sounds like more of your bull****.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Jenn" wrote in message

One of the best concert halls in this country is within
an hour's drive of Arny's location. I wonder if he has
ever been there.

Many times - I've even heard my daughter and eldest son play there several
times.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

One of the best concert halls in this country is within
an hour's drive of Arny's location. I wonder if he has
ever been there.

Many times - I've even heard my daughter and eldest son play there several
times.

Cool! Do you mean the Fisher or Hill Auditorium?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
EE

"Fella" wrote in message

"How many QSC amps have you listened to?

Given the market penetration of QSC into the live sound and
installed-sound markets, probably just about everybody has heard a QSC
amp, but just not known it.

This probably occurred when I was twisting my fingers in my ears and
speculating about wax buildup.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick - view profile
Date: Fri, Feb 17 2006 8:33 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Nobody paid attention?
He was just background music?
Sounds like more of your bull****.

You're right. When Yo Yo Ma played at the local Legion, it was for a
Bar Mitzvah.

My bad...

( And *I'm* the dour one...) LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

From: Clyde Slick - view profile
Date: Fri, Feb 17 2006 8:33 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Nobody paid attention?
He was just background music?
Sounds like more of your bull****.

You're right. When Yo Yo Ma played at the local Legion, it was for a
Bar Mitzvah.

My bad...

( And *I'm* the dour one...) LOL!

Bull**** IS the word.

A high end Bar Mitzvah, one that could afford Yo Yo Ma, would
NOT be held in an American Legion hall!
A legion hall is a very unlikely venue for ANY Bar Mitzvah

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Sat, Feb 18 2006 10:11 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Bull**** IS the word.

A high end Bar Mitzvah, one that could afford Yo Yo Ma, would
NOT be held in an American Legion hall!
A legion hall is a very unlikely venue for ANY Bar Mitzvah

LMAO!

( And *I'm* the dour one...) LOL!

Lighten up, slick, before you pop the pins holding your depends on.

Still ducking the issue, I see.
We're waiting for your next bull**** story, anonymous one.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Sat, Feb 18 2006 11:13 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Still ducking the issue, I see.

What issue is that?

We're waiting for your next bull**** story, anonymous one.

Um, slick, if you're referring to Yo Yo Ma, I did not expect anybody to
believe that he actually played at a wedding (or Bar Mitzvah) in a
Legion hall through a Shure Vocalmaster.

Christ, dour one, wake up.

Why do you insist on making yourself look so stupid?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

Fella wrote:

[...]

Stop lying you dumbdumb. "I simply wanted to find out" There is no
questioning in that statement of yours. You state as a matter of factly
that you know that not all QSC amps sound the same. And that implicitly
that no dbt's or ABXing rituals were necessary to find this out. You are
so deep-deeeep into dumbDUMB.

I'm sure you will continue to make up yor own story about my reasoning on
this matter,

I don't need to make anything up. Your amount of dumbness, your
incompetence, the unbeleivable ways you find to put your foot in your
mouth, head up your butt and contradict yourself (like touting around
here for years that "all competent amps sound the same" and the "QSC
amps are good as any since arny uses them" AND THEN : !! "How many QSC
amps have you listened to? Not all are the same.") makes you stranger
then the wildest of fiction you %100 concentrate of dumbdumb you. No
need at all whatsoever to "make up yor own story"..
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

Fella wrote:

[...]

Only for the reading impaired like yourself. I was checking bias, as I
said, people beleive things about amp topology that may not always be true.

And that implicitly
that no dbt's or ABXing rituals were necessary to find this out. You are
so deep-deeeep into dumbDUMB.

Your mind reading skills have failed you again.

I'm sure you will continue to make up yor own story about my reasoning on
this matter,

I don't need to make anything up. Your amount of dumbness, your
incompetence, the unbeleivable ways you find to put your foot in your
mouth, head up your butt and contradict yourself (like touting around here
for years that "all competent amps sound the same" and the "QSC amps are
good as any since arny uses them" AND THEN : !! "How many QSC amps have
you listened to? Not all are the same.") makes you stranger then the
wildest of fiction you %100 concentrate of dumbdumb you. No need at all
whatsoever to "make up yor own story"..

Not all QSC amps are the same is a matter of fact. They have different
specs and different designs. The one that Arny uses is not made any more,
but there are other pro amps that do not use fans, so the afforability of
proamps compared to overpriced consumer amps like yours are not an issue for
people that want good sound but don't want to spend a furtune to do it.

Enjoy life in Fanasy Land.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Date: Mon, Feb 20 2006 2:12 pm
Email: nyob...@peoplepc

Not all QSC amps are the same is a matter of fact. They have different
specs and different designs.

Just as a matter of curiosity, which of them sound different due to
incompetent design, design differences, or different specs?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
oups.com
Date: Mon, Feb 20 2006 2:12 pm
Email: nyob...@peoplepc

Not all QSC amps are the same is a matter of fact. They
have different specs and different designs.

Just as a matter of curiosity, which of them sound
different due to incompetent design, design differences,
or different specs?

There's no evidence that any of them should or do fail to pass a
straight-wire bypass test.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in message
oups.com

Date: Mon, Feb 20 2006 2:12 pm
Email: nyob...@peoplepc

Not all QSC amps are the same is a matter of fact. They
have different specs and different designs.

Just as a matter of curiosity, which of them sound
different due to incompetent design, design differences,
or different specs?

There's no evidence that any of them should or do fail to pass a
straight-wire bypass test.

Are you thus disagreeing with your sidekick and suck-puppet, the nyob?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

Listen here mickmickey. You are not automatically redeemed by just writing
some whatever irrelevant text to a substantial revelation of your
incompetence such as this one. Get a grip boy, try to do better!

As if I need redemption from somebody who denies the reality of their own
ABX test, and who now seeks ways to try and rationalize why he couldn't
detect a difference between two amps. The fact that they actually did sound
indentical is just to much for you to deal with, so you make **** up about
why the test that is relied on everyday in professional audio design must be
flawed.

Having said all that, you put your foot further into your mouth and head
further up your butt trying to cover your tracks, you incompetent, dumb
monkey of a borg you. You say that: "Not all QSC amps are the same is a
matter of fact." NOW ANSWER THIS: Was it not a borg universal truth that
ALL COMPETENT AMPS ARE THE SAME ?!?! Does the statement above mean that
some QSC amps are incompetent then?!!

I never said anything about them sounding different, I was simply referring
to the differnent circuit dsigns and trying to figure out if there was a
bias against the one used in the discussion. That you can't understand this
is entirely you problem.

overpriced consumer amps like yours

I am using an odyssey audio stratos+ amp. Compared to the krells and BAT's
of this world, it is a BARGAIN. And no, you cannot compare it to a piece
of **** qsc. Unless you abx them of course.

So which QSC amps have you listened to?
Considering the fact that QSC amps are as flat in their response as any
other home audio amp, built sturdier for travel, and able to handle 2 ohm
loads as a matter of course, I think it's very clear which is a piece of
****, not to mention a bad buy compared to say a QSC 2502 which retails for
about $900.00 and generates 425 watts at 8 ohms compared to the 150 wpc and
$1200.00 retail price of the stratos+.

Enjoy life in Fanasy Land.

Fanasy land? OK..

That place where equally well designed amps sound different simply because
you think so.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

Listen here mickmickey. You are not automatically redeemed by just writing
some whatever irrelevant text to a substantial revelation of your
incompetence such as this one. Get a grip boy, try to do better!

As if I need redemption from somebody who denies the reality of their own
ABX test, and who now seeks ways to try and rationalize why he couldn't
detect a difference between two amps.

Yeah, as if!

The fact that they actually did sound
indentical is just to much for you to deal with, so you make **** up about
why the test that is relied on everyday in professional audio design must be
flawed.

Having said all that, you put your foot further into your mouth and head
further up your butt trying to cover your tracks, you incompetent, dumb
monkey of a borg you. You say that: "Not all QSC amps are the same is a
matter of fact." NOW ANSWER THIS: Was it not a borg universal truth that
ALL COMPETENT AMPS ARE THE SAME ?!?! Does the statement above mean that
some QSC amps are incompetent then?!!

I never said anything about them sounding different, I was simply referring
to the differnent circuit dsigns and trying to figure out if there was a
bias against the one used in the discussion.

That's a lie you dumb borg. "How many QSC amps have you listened to? Not
all are the same." There is nothing about circuits there you dumb dumb
borg. You are talking about *_LISTENING_* and you state that not all are
the SAME!!!!!!! You dumb dumb dumb dumb borg. The word dumb is not
dumb enough to describe how dumb you are.

Besides, on another thread you talk about differences in *FREQUENCY
RESPONSE*!!! between qsc amps. Come clean now, stop the disgusting
lies, you dumb borg. You know I can just copy paste that here also.

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Fella" wrote in message

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

[...]

Well, excuse the **** out of me for not hecking with you first about what I
am thinking when I post. You still fail as a mind reader, and as a golden
ear.

You are talking about *_LISTENING_* and you state that not all are
the SAME!!!!!!!

Because they are not all the same, some are Class AB, some are Class H.

You dumb dumb dumb dumb borg. The word dumb is not
dumb enough to describe how dumb you are.

It works for describing you though, although vitriolic and demented are
probably more descriptive.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella

wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message

"Fella" wrote in message
t...

wrote:

[...]

Look boy, **** yourself all you want, and heck with somebody else,
whatever that means, see if I care, but before that show me the word
"circuits" in the following two sentences: "How many QSC amps have you
listened to? Not all are the same." ! I can show you the word
"listened" there. See, it's there!

You are talking about *_LISTENING_* and you state that not all are

the SAME!!!!!!!

Because they are not all the same, some are Class AB, some are Class H.

And you have deemed that somehow they sound different, yes! Ok, now
we're gettin somewhere. Have you ABXed them? How do you know that
they do not sound the same? Since the head borg you are serving as a
loyal SUCKpuppet to, arny krueger, uses the very same qsc amps, how can
they differ in sound from one model to another? Isn't this blasphemy?
Don't you realize how much of a capital crime you've committed by
uttering those ghastly two sentences you dumb dumb you! Are they
****ing on you in the hive now? You've been caught red handed. You have
a torah in your hand, you've been spotted, the nazi borg are at your
neck, run boy run!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:00:56 GMT, wrote:

Because they are not all the same, some are Class AB, some are Class H.

Do they sound different of something?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Fella" wrote in message

"Fella" wrote in message

"Fella" wrote in message
et...

wrote:

[...]

No, I have discovered that some people think so. If done badly of course,
they can all sound bad.

Ok, now
we're gettin somewhere.

Only in your wierd mind.

Have you ABXed them? How do you know that
they do not sound the same? Since the head borg you are serving as a loyal
SUCKpuppet to, arny krueger, uses the very same qsc amps, how can they
differ in sound from one model to another?

The QSC amps Arny uses are no longer manufactured.

Isn't this blasphemy?

Who ever said amps can't sound different? Nobody other than the people who
constantly misrepresent what others say, like you do.

Don't you realize how much of a capital crime you've committed by uttering
those ghastly two sentences you dumb dumb you!

Not possible since I didn't say that and it isn't a crime to do so.

Are they
****ing on you in the hive now? You've been caught red handed. You have a
torah in your hand, you've been spotted, the nazi borg are at your neck,
run boy run!

Back to your room now, they need to strap you down again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:00:56 GMT, wrote:

Because they are not all the same, some are Class AB, some are Class H.

Do they sound different of something?

Not to my knowledge. They just sound like good amps, because they are.