Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

Default using a preamp to sweeten the sound of a CDP

Hi, I'm using a Onkyo CD player with the AMC 3050 integrated amplifier and I
don't like the sound I get ì, wich is a way cold and "digital" ( I know that
probably it's the cdp that isn't good enough but with other amps the results
are differents). So I thought to connect the CDP to the Vincent SA-31 hybrid
preamp connected to the AMC 3050. Any possible damage from this operation?
Here I asked before on using 2 preamps and I had green flag. You know...
these audiophile things cost a lot of money and so they have to last ehh....
thank you

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"gunnet" wrote in message

Hi, I'm using a Onkyo CD player with the AMC 3050
integrated amplifier and I don't like the sound I get ì,
wich is a way cold and "digital" ( I know that probably
it's the cdp that isn't good enough but with other amps
the results are differents)

Good example of shooting the messenger.

The message is that your system probably lacks bass and is a little hot,
probably from an attempt to tune it to match some other source, or just
plain bad luck.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Walt

gunnet wrote:

Hi, I'm using a Onkyo CD player with the AMC 3050 integrated amplifier and I
don't like the sound I get ì, wich is a way cold and "digital" ( I know that
probably it's the cdp that isn't good enough but with other amps the results
are differents). So I thought to connect the CDP to the Vincent SA-31 hybrid
preamp connected to the AMC 3050. Any possible damage from this operation?
Here I asked before on using 2 preamps and I had green flag. You know...
these audiophile things cost a lot of money and so they have to last ehh....

Won't hurt, unless you really screw up the connections. But I doubt it
will help.

//Walt
Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

disconnect your tweeters. That'll make those nasty realsistic
CDs sound like music used to in the comfy old days.

How can I disconnect the tweeters from a fullrange driver? :-) I can put a
lot, I mean a lot, of absorbing material....

Anyway before the AMC 3050 I tried another amp, the Harman Kardon 675,
totally different sound with it. The sound I like, closed but with a lot of
details and very musical.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff@home

"gunnet" wrote in message
disconnect your tweeters. That'll make those nasty realsistic
CDs sound like music used to in the comfy old days.

How can I disconnect the tweeters from a fullrange driver? :-) I can put a
lot, I mean a lot, of absorbing material....

What 'full-range" driver ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

What 'full-range" driver ?

fostex FE206

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:43:23 +0100, "gunnet" wrote:

Hi, I'm using a Onkyo CD player with the AMC 3050 integrated amplifier and I
don't like the sound I get ì, wich is a way cold and "digital" ( I know that
probably it's the cdp that isn't good enough but with other amps the results
are differents). So I thought to connect the CDP to the Vincent SA-31 hybrid
preamp connected to the AMC 3050. Any possible damage from this operation?
Here I asked before on using 2 preamps and I had green flag. You know...
these audiophile things cost a lot of money and so they have to last ehh....
thank you

A lot of the time when a user complains of harsh sound from a CD
player it's just overloading the amp input. Try an attenuator.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff@home

"Laurence Payne" lpayneNOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message

A lot of the time when a user complains of harsh sound from a CD
player it's just overloading the amp input. Try an attenuator.

Yes, many CD players (esp Sony) have a fixed level output rated at 2v ...

geoff

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
enhancing early reflections? [email protected] Pro Audio 4 April 28th 05 05:51 PM
Some Mixing Techniques kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 78 February 16th 05 07:51 AM
Creating Dimension In Mixing- PDF available on Request (112 pages0 kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 14 February 14th 05 05:58 PM