Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default 8417 Tubes

Hello All:

Is there a source for the 8417 Tubes.

Have a audio amp that takes two of them

Jay in the Mojave
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
maxhifi maxhifi is offline

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
Hello All:

Is there a source for the 8417 Tubes.

Have a audio amp that takes two of them

Jay in the Mojave

www.tubesandmore.com

www.ebay.com (careful)

www.tubeworld.com (expensive)

depending on the amp, you might be able to convert it to 6550's, or even TV
horizontal output tubes if it's not an expensive amp.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Hello Maxhifi: (great handle!)

Ok thanks a million, I have two old audio amplifiers that go with a old
Juke Box and I want the tube sound.

Thanks again.

Jay in the Mojave

maxhifi wrote:
"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message

Hello All:

Is there a source for the 8417 Tubes.

Have a audio amp that takes two of them

Jay in the Mojave

www.tubesandmore.com

www.ebay.com (careful)

www.tubeworld.com (expensive)

depending on the amp, you might be able to convert it to 6550's, or even TV
horizontal output tubes if it's not an expensive amp.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Adam Stouffer Adam Stouffer is offline

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello Maxhifi: (great handle!)

Ok thanks a million, I have two old audio amplifiers that go with a old
Juke Box and I want the tube sound.

Thanks again.

Jay in the Mojave

There was a thread here a while ago where someone was having stability
problems with a Quicksilver amp running 8417s. You may want to check it
out before re-tubing.

Adam