Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default Pioneer CS-99a speakers-need info

"jailhouserock" said:

Does anyone know the vintage year and specs (efficiency rating) of the
Pioneer CS-99a speakers ?

I've had about 10 pairs of different vintage speakers so far- and these
by far have the heaviest cabinets and thickest board used to make the
cabinets- they also have removeable backs which is a nice plus. As
usual, finding info on these on the net is difficult, as most places
want to sell you a vintage audio "bible" to get the info.

Heehee......Charlie Nudo, aka 66fourdoor again?
"Most places want to sell you a vintage audio bible", huh?

Whereas you only want to unload your worthless junk onto unsuspecting
Ebayers for too much $$$$$? Poor thing!

Crossposted to several other groups as a warning.

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
jailhouserock jailhouserock is offline

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...WoH7Tr_Q&hl=en

what a fine spamming, post-whore profile you have, "Sander"...

practice what ya preach !

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Sander deWaal discerned:

Charlie Nudo's usual tricks.

What happened, Charlie? Didn't get any traction on the High End NG?
Don't like the Antique Radio NG anymore? Got lumped in with Middius,
McCoy & assorted sockpuppets on the Tubes NG?

Face the facts (such as you are able): You get those speakers for
junk-prices because they are junk. No amount of wishful thinking on
your part will make them more than junk. No amount of verbal gymnastics
will make them even barely passable as speakers.

But to answer the original question:

Sensitivity is 97dB/1watt/1meter. 15" woofers, pair of 6" cone
midrange, pair of 2" cone tweeters, and some sort of piezo horn. Age is
~1975. Crap then, crap now. Yeah, real wood cabinets, but these guys
went straight at the Heavy Bass crowd too cheap to buy Cerwin Wega
(also pretty crappy speakers) without even their limited reference to
any level of fidelity or clarity. They are extremely directional.
Primitive multi-way crossovers.

These were designed as much of the speakers crawling out of the Pacific
of the time to be matched to their electronics... significant as they
measured output in "Music Power" and "IPP" vs. RMS, and measured
distortion at 2% or more. Also elided any reference to damping factor
and so forth. Accordingly, the speakers had to be very noisy at low
actual power ratings.

Winter is coming... their potential for firewood is greater than their
potential for good sound, though not by much. You would probably get
more mileage selling the individual drivers than for the entire lump...
so firewood may be the more lucrative option.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes

Peter Wieck wrote:
[...]

that's what you said about the last pair- that sold for $75, and got +
fb on Ebay

so what's your problem, Peter ?? nothing to do with your retirement but
harass usenet posts ?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes

jailhouserock wrote:

so what's your problem, Peter ?? nothing to do with your retirement but
harass usenet posts ?

Lemme see...

There is one particular piece of slime hailing from Drums, PA; that is
constantly seeking validation for its wretched taste. This bit of
detritus has posted to about every legitimate audio/tube/radio/fidelity
related NG throughout usenet and been universally laughed out of the
venue. Then, this bit of detritus lies about its purported success.

Post the links, if they exist....

Yeah, I see that you found a "bigger fool" at $76 for some crappo
Japanese speakers... at the same time, there are one helluva lot of
your offerings with no bids... Even a blind squirrel gets the
occasional nut.

Now, if you would learn to keep a single identity as any legitimate
individual would do....

Wonder how "Honor Duty Country" ever got to be the handle of a jackass
who never served in any military, much less the US Military...

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 28 Sep 2006 19:48:57 -0700, "Peter Wieck" wrote:

Even a blind squirrel gets the occasional nut.

We're not sure which of you is the occasional nut yet.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes

paul packer wrote:
On 28 Sep 2006 19:48:57 -0700, "Peter Wieck" wrote:

Even a blind squirrel gets the occasional nut.

We're not sure which of you is the occasional nut yet.

Peter is the one who looked at a print for an Akai M8 R2R, and
pronounced it a push-pull tube design...

when in fact, it's single ended pentode- which I pointed out, because I
own an M8

ever since then he's been nursing a bruised ego, because someone picked
up on it, and started a "worthless Peter Wieck" thread about it

see it he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...c5decf6dab290e

http://groups.google.ie/group/rec.au...3472e864e2599c

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Worthless Wiecky: definition needed

Sander deWaal said:

Believe me, Peter Wieck isn't a nut, not even occasional.

You think? To me he seems like a raving lunatic.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

George M. Middius cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net
said:

Believe me, Peter Wieck isn't a nut, not even occasional.

You think? To me he seems like a raving lunatic.

He has a special place in his heart for Andre Jute, but other than
that, he seems to be a knowledgeable tech to me and one of the more
friendly and helpful people on RATubes.

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Sander deWaal said:

Believe me, Peter Wieck isn't a nut, not even occasional.

You think? To me he seems like a raving lunatic.

Who cares what an AI bot 'thinks' ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Poopie is miffed that he's not the center of attention AT THIS VERY
MINUTE.

You think? To me he seems like a raving lunatic.

Who cares what an AI bot 'thinks' ?

Arnii needs you to organize his next "69 pitty party", you silly donkey.
Stop wasting your time trolling on Usenet and stuff some hay down your
gullet -- you're going to need all your feeble strength.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Worthless Wiecky: etymology -- history and definition

George M. Middius wrote:
Sander deWaal said:

Believe me, Peter Wieck isn't a nut, not even occasional.

You think? To me he seems like a raving lunatic.

Worthless Wiecky is certainly a stalker. He started abusing me the day
he arrived on RAT; he still does. That makes him immoral. Sane people
are not stalkers.

Contrary to Sander's opinion, Wiecky is also ignorant of basic
electronics. He doesn't understand what the ballast resistors are for
in tube rectifier power supplies, he believes a resistor *must*
dissipate the rated wattage regardless of the amount of current it
passes, and so on. That makes him ignorant.

When Worthless Wiecky first arrived on RAT and it became clear what a
loser he is (he called himself "a repair hack" but the only hi-fi
repair he had ever done was to blow compressed air through CJ amp with
the owner anxiously watching), I just called him Vannabe Vicked Viecky.

John Byrns, presumably in consideration of his ignorance, called him
Useless Wiecky.

I, in consideration of the dullness of the grinding little man Wieck,
then called him Witless Wiecky.

Meanwhile, I was informed by someone who reads his posts that
Witless/Useless Wiecky brags constantly about his earthly possessions;
only people convinced of their own worthlessness do that.

Finally, when Wiecky's mindless immorality became clear in his
stalking, I combined his useless ignorance, his grinding dullness and
his godless immorality, plus his inferiority complex, into Worthless
Wiecky. It seems to me a name that describes this loud, incompetent and
ignorant toilet cleaner (1) pretty well.

God made wriggling worms like the Worthless Wieckhead to reassure the
rest of us about our superiority.

Andre Jute
Habit is the nursery of errors. -- Victor Hugo

(1) In a building owned by Osama bin Laden, according to my informant,
who is of the opinion that Worthless copies his baseless arrogance from
the sandhugger bin Laden.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes

Andrew Jute McCoy whined and moaned:
Worthless Wiecky is certainly a stalker. He started abusing me the day
he arrived on RAT; he still does. That makes him immoral. Sane people
are not stalkers.

Mr. McCoy, were you to check the actual record, I never "abused
[whatever "you" might be] when you expressed your honest opinion or
opined within your actual experience or level of expertise.

That, however, is an exceedingly rare occasion. You are, based on the
evidence readily available and by your own words a:

1. Liar... give an independent link on your bicycle design. Yacht
design. Sports car design. Some Western Hemisphere, south of the
Equator Polo team wanting your life?

2. Poseur... Your 300B amp that was alternately silent and/or burnt
controls. Yet each failure was "necessary".

3. Charlatan... Your "ego signature" exceeds most posts. Show the links
to the actual endorsements, should they exist.

You accuse me of stalking you. I can accept that. If a common traffic
signal "stalks" motorists. I find you quietly amusing. Anyone with even
a scintilla of that rarest of human qualities - common sense - would
RUN away from you, not walk. However, there are innocents in this NG
who may be fooled by your very impressive veneer... sadly only to
discover that when they acted on your suggestions that their time,
treasure and trust was wasted. So, in my hobbyist's way, I simply take
a few seconds (you are barely worth more) out of my day on occasion to
pop your balloons. Were there any substance to you, they would neither
pop nor merit such activities. But that is constantly and repeatedly
not the case.

My few years in the Magic Kingdom showed me the character of the
typical South African male, both in its personal habits, family life,
relationships to its children and so forth. These were people who were
unable to cope with the changes within their country of origin, and so
went where they could still call people "Kaffirs" with impunity. My
opinion of you is that, if anything, you are a step below even these
sorts. In any case, independently verifiable sources for your
pretenses, a simple statement that you have never lied or pretended
within this venue, or that everything you claim is an actual fact would
go a long way.

Nor can you cook, if your website is the evidence thereto.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA