Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Process for Sound Forge 8

I have an avi video file and the audio is slightly out of sync. Is
there an easy method of time shifting the audio into the video to
correct this? Can anyone help me please?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com

I have an avi video file and the audio is slightly out of
sync. Is there an easy method of time shifting the audio
into the video to correct this? Can anyone help me please?

Depends which way you want to shift the audio.

If the audio track leads the video, the fire drill is to extract the audio
track, and re-insert it at a point just a little bit further down the
video track.

If the audio track lags the video, extract the audio track and delete a
little bit from its front, and then insert it back into the video track.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
oups.com

I have an avi video file and the audio is slightly out of
sync. Is there an easy method of time shifting the audio
into the video to correct this? Can anyone help me please?

Depends which way you want to shift the audio.

If the audio track leads the video, the fire drill is to extract the audio
track, and re-insert it at a point just a little bit further down the
video track.

If the audio track lags the video, extract the audio track and delete a
little bit from its front, and then insert it back into the video track.

This can be done anywhere along the time line in which there is silence
or the audio has dwindled to background noise.