Posted to rec.audio.pro
Stafe

Default need recomendation for simple audio editing software

I have some recorded audio files (MP3s and wav) that are not very clear. In
particular they are muffled and difficult to hear. I want to make them
easier to listen to. I have looked at a several of the audio editing
programs but they look very complicated. I have not had any experience with
audio editing software in the past and I find that the terminology and use
of these programs seems quite difficult.

Is there any software that will easily (maybe even automatically) analyse my
files and clean them up in order to make them clearer to listen to.
Thanks
Stafe

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Kesselman

In general: If it's already "muffled", you're going to have a lot of
trouble recovering anything useful from them. Go back to the source
material, if at all possible.

There's no magic which will restore information that no longer exists.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark

Joe Kesselman wrote:
In general: If it's already "muffled", you're going to have a lot of
trouble recovering anything useful from them. Go back to the source
material, if at all possible.

There's no magic which will restore information that no longer exists.

N Track studio is nice easy software,,, but as Joe said, muffled is
muffled...

in simple terms editing software will allow you to vary the tone
controls but that may not help much .,...

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

"Stafe" wrote in message
I have some recorded audio files (MP3s and wav) that are not very clear. In
particular they are muffled and difficult to hear. I want to make them
easier to listen to. I have looked at a several of the audio editing
programs but they look very complicated. I have not had any experience
with
audio editing software in the past and I find that the terminology and use
of these programs seems quite difficult.

Is there any software that will easily (maybe even automatically) analyse
my
files and clean them up in order to make them clearer to listen to.

You can give it a whirl on a beer budget - download the Audacity freeware. I

Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Perrett

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 22:53:22 -0500, Joe Kesselman
wrote:

In general: If it's already "muffled", you're going to have a lot of
trouble recovering anything useful from them. Go back to the source
material, if at all possible.

There's no magic which will restore information that no longer exists.

If you can't go back then the editor that comes with Nero would be worth a
try - it includes an enhancer that adds harmonics in order to brighten up
the sound. It isn't an Aphex but it might help.

Cheers

James.