tom williams

Default minimum mac req's to process dp3 and dp3 files?

need to process a bunch of dp3 and dp34 files.

what is minimum system requirements, generation of mac that can handle
those files?

where is best place to get such machine for least price -- trying to
help out a non profit that needs to process signals from a radio show
with all volunteer participants so they dont have a lot of money

tx
please cc any replies to me at: netcommuner (at) yahoo (dot) com
tom
Raymond

tom williams wrote:
need to process a bunch of dp3 and dp34 files.

what is minimum system requirements, generation of mac that can handle
those files?

I'm using a 1999 G4 with a 400 MHz chip, 320 RAM, MOTU 24i core and DP3 with no
troubles at all (except a lot of latency when over dubbing). I've seen used
duel chips for less than a $1,000 US that are faster than my system.
The latency does not bother me when I over dub, it sounds like a strong
doubling or a light chorus effect.
ScotFraser

need to process a bunch of dp3 and dp34 files.

what is minimum system requirements, generation of mac that can handle
those files?

You can run all day in DP3 on a G3 Mac. The speed of the processor needed will
depend on how many tracks you have & what kind of plug in processing you need
to do. DP4 will officially run on a G3, but will be so slow as to be useless, &
will probably stop playback on any more than about a half dozen tracks. A G4 at
1 mHz is about the least powerful system you should try to run DP4 on.

Scott Fraser