Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
gregg

Default Wireless speakers - loss of sound quality?

I have a living room that's decorated 18th century. Well all except for the
component sound system, and 3 foot speakers ;^) The sound system is giving
out and it's time to buy a new one.

My first thought was to buy a small unit and hide it in a cabinet. Something
like the Cambridge 740 or the Bose Wave radio.

But then I saw that one can buy transmitters/receivers that take the speaker
signal and transmit to speakers in another room. It woud be much easier for
me to hide speakers than a whole system.

But my question is:

Do these wireless systems degrade the sound quality a lot? I'm not an
audiophile and I don't need a primo system. But it would be nice if the
sound was decent.

thanks

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm