Gary

Default Yamaha V-fets wanted

Hello

I am looking for a set of V-fets for a Yamaha B-2 Power amplifier, i know
this is a long shot, but some one might have one that has gone on one
channel and are prepared to sell it or just the V-fets and driver board.

Gary

Tim Schwartz

Gary,

It would be of help to mention the generic number of the transistors,
probably 2SJxxxx and 2SKxxxx, where xxxx is a 3 or 4 digit number.
Also, you might want to try contacting Yamaha.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Gary wrote:

Hello

I am looking for a set of V-fets for a Yamaha B-2 Power amplifier, i know
this is a long shot, but some one might have one that has gone on one
channel and are prepared to sell it or just the V-fets and driver board.

Gary

Gary

Hello Tim

Good point! they a

2SK76
&
2SJ26

Yamaha have not held them in stock for some years now, the Amplifier dates
back to 1980, the fets used are what is known as Vertical field effect
transistors.

Gary

Gary wrote:

Hello

I am looking for a set of V-fets for a Yamaha B-2 Power amplifier, i

know
this is a long shot, but some one might have one that has gone on one
channel and are prepared to sell it or just the V-fets and driver board.

Gary

Gary

Yamaha V-fets wantedHello Jon

thanks for your reply

The V-fets i am looking for a

2SK76 and 2SJ26

Thanks
Gary

Dave Platt

Gary wrote:

Hello Tim

Good point! they a

2SK76
&
2SJ26

Yamaha have not held them in stock for some years now, the Amplifier dates
back to 1980, the fets used are what is known as Vertical field effect
transistors.

Other folks looking for substitutes/replacements for some now-no-longer-
available audio MOSFETs have previously suggested some alternatives:

- Hitachi TO-3P 2SJ1058/2SK162

- Magnatec TO-3 BUZ901/BUZ905 (http://www.semelab.com/) - these may not
be available any longer

- Exicon TO-3 ECF10N16 & ECF10P16 (http://www.exicon.com/) available
through ProFusion (http://www.profusionplc.com).

None of these are exact replacements for the 2SK76 and 2SJ26, I think,
but there might be some which are close enough to allow the circuit to
be adapted / re-biased.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO