Iowa Recorder

Default 1rst impressions of 5th of RAP CD

I got the Rec.Audio.pro (RAP) CD today. What an amasing bargan!
Quite an eclectic mix of tunes. Even non-recorders would love this.
I'd recommend it to any guitar player because there is some killer
guitar work in the compilation. I was expecting alot stuff coming out
of some kids 4 track studio but that is not the case. Most of it was
quite high quality. A few you could tell were probably some amature
recordings but those were interesting.

Anyway these are just my first impressions. I am overwhelmed and to
the folkes who worked hard to put it together I can only say your
efforts were WORTH it! Great CD!

IR
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Iowa Recorder" wrote in message om...
I got the Rec.Audio.pro (RAP) CD today. What an amasing bargan!
Quite an eclectic mix of tunes. Even non-recorders would love this.
I'd recommend it to any guitar player because there is some killer
guitar work in the compilation. I was expecting alot stuff coming out
of some kids 4 track studio but that is not the case. Most of it was
quite high quality. A few you could tell were probably some amature
recordings but those were interesting.

Anyway these are just my first impressions. I am overwhelmed and to
the folkes who worked hard to put it together I can only say your
efforts were WORTH it! Great CD!

IR

The on-line liner notes make it quite an informative set of work.

DM

MikeOfW

You keep referring to the set as a "CD"; hopefully I sent all five discs that
make up the set. But I'm glad you're enjoying it/them.

Oppps sorry... Yes, I got all five disks. Nice fast shipping. Ever been to a
resturant and made your order, then in a minute your food is already there?
Same deal here.

Been spending quite a bit of time listening to them. The online liner notes is
just a blast!

Thanks a million to Harvey, Norman, Lyle and all the folkes who sent the music
in and made such good informative liner notes. Hard work but what a great
product.

So far I just loved the Mandolin ensemble. Temptation Rag is killer. One guy
submitted about 4 one minute samples of tunes and it was neat to hear how much
better his recordings got over a period of time.

So far my favorite drums are on the 5th CD. A track called; "Perfect State Of
Mind". I like the kick sound and the drummers performance as quite good.
IMHO...

Ain't Nobody Gonna Get None of My Jelly Roll.... WOW!

Gee I still got ALOT of listening to do....

Great set of FIVE CDs.
IR

Scott Dorsey

MikeOfW wrote:
Ain't Nobody Gonna Get None of My Jelly Roll.... WOW!

Gee I still got ALOT of listening to do....

Great set of FIVE CDs.

I'd just like to remind people that there are still a lot of copies of the
original RAP LP here. One LP, ten dollars, or seven if you order it with
the CD set. It sounds good. It's got everything from Debussy to some sort
of weird noise rock on it. You need this disc. I need to get them out of
my house. We should make a deal.

Send your $10 to

Kludge Audio
Box 1229
Williamsburg, VA. 23187

Thanks!

Arjan P

Iowa Recorder wrote:
I got the Rec.Audio.pro (RAP) CD today. What an amasing bargan! Quite
an eclectic mix of tunes.

Got my set in the mail today too, and I must say that is some fast working
Harvey does! I've only had the first CD in the player so far, and it all
sounds very interesting. First I wanna get all liner notes from the website
and print them out, though, so I can listen and read about what I'm
listening to at the same time. Looking great so far, anyway. Anyone who's
reading this and considers getting the set; do it now; it's worth every
penny and then some!

Anyway these are just my first impressions. I am overwhelmed and to the
folkes who worked hard to put it together I can only say your efforts
were WORTH it! Great CD!

My thoughts exactly. Thanks everyone.

Luck, Arjan

--
----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

hank alrich

Scott Dorsey wrote:

MikeOfW wrote:
Ain't Nobody Gonna Get None of My Jelly Roll.... WOW!

Gee I still got ALOT of listening to do....

Great set of FIVE CDs.

I'd just like to remind people that there are still a lot of copies of the
original RAP LP here. One LP, ten dollars, or seven if you order it with
the CD set. It sounds good. It's got everything from Debussy to some sort
of weird noise rock on it. You need this disc. I need to get them out of
my house. We should make a deal.

Send your $10 to

Kludge Audio
Box 1229
Williamsburg, VA. 23187

Thanks!
--scott

What he said; I bought two of 'em so I could hear it in stereo.

--
ha
tnospamfitzgerald

Ok Ok I ordered one. My 1st set, I am a slow starter. Todd

Todd Fitzgerald
Chief Engineer/Producer
OarFin Studios Minneapolis
www.oarfinrecords.com