Posted to rec.audio.car
Zim

Default Installing in-dash speakers

I purchased Pioneer TS-G1040R 4" speakers for the front dash. The
problem I encounted was that the tweeter stuck out to far. According to
Crutchfield (whom I did not buy them from), you can use the factory
mounting brackets, grill, etc. There is a metal dash reinforcer that
covers a majority of the speaker, and is hitting the tweeter.
Suggestions?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull

Cut/Bend the piece of metal that's in the way...

Huge pain in the ass, yes. It is, however, easier than trying to move
how deep the speaker sits - which is your only other option as I see
it.

~Mister.Lull

Posted to rec.audio.car

It does not fit. YOu can't install the speaker that does not fit.