TheBIessedDead

Default Installing component speakers.....

Hey, I was wondering if the average car audio shop charges more to install
components than they would to install a regular set of speakers. I'm getting a
deck for Christmas, and it looks like I'll be getting some cash to get a set of
speakers for the front of my car... I really want some 6 1/2 components, and I
have my eye on a couple different sets... but I'm concerned about the install.
I've never installed them before, and I'm not sure that I would be able to do
it... So, I'm looking at possibly having to pay to have them installed....
Which would go a long ways to negate the discount I could get online
(Considering that alot of places claim free installation with purchase). So,
I'm thinking that either I will just go with a good set of coaxials (Any
suggestions?) and install them myself , buy the components I want and learn to
install them myself... or buy them through a shop, pay a little more, and get
free installation.

Any thoughts?
username

Usually installing componets do require more labor cause it's like
installing 4 speakers (it is really We charge $35 to install a pair of
speakers and $55 to install componets. Just to give you an idea. However,
that might be a little more depending on what you want done (mounted style,
location, etc).

"TheBIessedDead" wrote in message
[...]

TheBIessedDead

Usually installing componets do require more labor cause it's like
installing 4 speakers (it is really We charge $35 to install a pair of
speakers and $55 to install componets. Just to give you an idea. However,
that might be a little more depending on what you want done (mounted style,
location, etc).

Do you think it would be difficult to find a shop willing to install them
without me purchasing the speakers through them?
nystratus

along with what is being said...do you think that they would charge more
if they also had to mount the crossovers, and run extra wire to the amp
in the trunk?

--
nystratus

Paul Vina

Yes. We didn't like to because after that point you own that customer.
From then on no matter what happens to his speakers (even listening at max
volume all day, every day) he'll come back and want it fixed. They also
don't like hearing that they blew up teir speakers and that there's nothing
we can do but replace them. It usually not worth the headaches.

Paul Vina
"TheBIessedDead" wrote in message
Usually installing componets do require more labor cause it's like
installing 4 speakers (it is really We charge $35 to install a pair of
speakers and $55 to install componets. Just to give you an idea.

However,
that might be a little more depending on what you want done (mounted

style,
location, etc).

Do you think it would be difficult to find a shop willing to install them
without me purchasing the speakers through them?

Paul Vina

No, it should be part of the installation price.

Paul Vina

"nystratus" wrote in message

along with what is being said...do you think that they would charge more
if they also had to mount the crossovers, and run extra wire to the amp
in the trunk?

--
nystratus
nystratus's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=2914
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=41834

username

In our case, then yes. $55 is for a basic install with everything mounted
within the door, if they are door speakers, or in a general area. For
instance, I installed a set of Rockford 6 1/2" componets in a 2000 Neon.
The woofers were in the door, the tweeters were installed in the factory
location in the dash. I had to make an abs plate to mount the 1.5" tweeter
in the (whatever size factory one was), and some minor wiring for the
crossover. I charge him $75 to do that, install time was about 65 minutes.
I guess you can say, it's all based off of the time needed.