Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Robert Morein Robert Morein is offline

Default IT'S NOW OFFICIAL

George Middius and I have successfully stifled all discussion about audio in
rec.audio.opinion.

While there were a few hardnosed holdouts, it's clear now that all audio
discussions here ARE OVER.

We now move to rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tubes, and aus.hi-fi to perform the
same magic there!

Luv
Robert Morein
Shop 'N Bag, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
sick of you sick of you is offline

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
.. .
George Middius and I have successfully stifled all discussion about audio

in
rec.audio.opinion.

While there were a few hardnosed holdouts, it's clear now that all audio
discussions here ARE OVER.

We now move to rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tubes, and aus.hi-fi to perform

the
same magic there!

Luv
Robert Morein
Shop 'N Bag, PA

Robert went to a urologist named George and told him that he was having a
problem, in that, he was unable to get his penis erect. After a complete
exam George told Robert that the muscles around the base of his penis were
damaged from a prior viral infection and there was nothing he could do for
him. However, he knew of an experimental treatment that might be applicable,
if
he were willing to take the risk.

The treatment consisted of implanting muscle tissue from an elephant's
trunk in Robert's penis. Robert thought about it for a while. The thought
of going through life without ever experiencing sex again was just too
much for him to bear. So, with the assurance that there would be no cruelty
or adverse effect on the elephant, Robert decided to go for it.

A few weeks after the operation, Robert was given the green light to use his
newly renovated equipment. As a result, he planned a romantic evening with
his girlfriend Fred and took him to one of the nicest restaurants in the
city. However, in the middle of dinner he felt a stirring between his legs
that continued to the point of being extremely painful. To release the
pressure, Robert unzipped his fly andimmediately his penis sprung from his
pants, went to the top of the table, grabbed a roll, then returned to his
pants.

Fred was stunned at first, but then with a sly smile on his face said:
"Robert, that was incredible. Can you do that again?"

Robert, with his eyes watering, replied: "I think I can, but I'm not sure
that I can fit another roll up my ass."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

Robert Morein wrote:
George Middius and I have successfully stifled all discussion about audio in
rec.audio.opinion.

While there were a few hardnosed holdouts, it's clear now that all audio
discussions here ARE OVER.

We now move to rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tubes, and aus.hi-fi to perform the
same magic there!

Luv
Robert Morein
Shop 'N Bag, PA

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.
Good luck.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

paul packer said:

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.

Aren't you proud to be australian? You should take steps to bring down the
law on Lyin' Bwian.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

paul packer said:

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.

Aren't you proud to be australian? You should take steps to bring down the
law on Lyin' Bwian.

**He's small potatoes. Our lying scumbag of a Prime Minister has to be
brought down first. Trouble is, unlike your idiot of a President, our PM is
smart. He's still a liar though. Must be a Christian thing.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

paul packer said:

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.

Aren't you proud to be australian? You should take steps to bring down the
law on Lyin' Bwian.

**He's small potatoes. Our lying scumbag of a Prime Minister has to be
brought down first. Trouble is, unlike your idiot of a President, our PM is
smart. He's still a liar though. Must be a Christian thing.

Unnecessary slap at Christianity No. 436 by Trevor Wilson, whose grasp
of electronics is sadly not matched by his grasp of metaphysics and the
ethereal in general.

In short, give us a break, Trev. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
roughplanet roughplanet is offline

paul packer said:

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.

Aren't you proud to be australian? You should take steps to bring down
the
law on Lyin' Bwian.

**He's small potatoes. Our lying scumbag of a Prime Minister has to be
brought down first. Trouble is, unlike your idiot of a President, our PM
is smart. He's still a liar though. Must be a Christian thing.

More specifically, a Church of England one. You don't have to look further
than our disgraced Governor General for proof of that.
Being a Christian is bad enough, God only knows, but being Church of England
brands you both a liar & a hypocrite, but not necessarily in that order.

ruff

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
roughplanet roughplanet is offline

u...

paul packer said:

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.

Aren't you proud to be australian? You should take steps to bring down
the law on Lyin' Bwian.

**He's small potatoes. Our lying scumbag of a Prime Minister has to be
brought down first. Trouble is, unlike your idiot of a President, our PM
is smart. He's still a liar though. Must be a Christian thing.

More specifically, a Church of England one. You don't have to look further
than our disgraced Governor General for proof of that.
Being a Christian is bad enough, God only knows, but being Church of
England brands you both a liar & a hypocrite, but not necessarily in that
order.

Geez, I would have bet pounds to peanuts I would have gotten you with that
one Paul (sigh). I guess I'll just have to lift my game a few notches, eh
:-)?

ruff

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

wrote in message ...

paul packer said:

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.

Aren't you proud to be australian? You should take steps to bring down
the law on Lyin' Bwian.

**He's small potatoes. Our lying scumbag of a Prime Minister has to be
brought down first. Trouble is, unlike your idiot of a President, our PM
is smart. He's still a liar though. Must be a Christian thing.

More specifically, a Church of England one. You don't have to look further
than our disgraced Governor General for proof of that.
Being a Christian is bad enough, God only knows, but being Church of
England brands you both a liar & a hypocrite, but not necessarily in that
order.

Struth! What did I say that caused Optus to ban my last post??? Anyway, here
it is again. Let's see if I mention the magic word/sentence/whatever this
time.....

Geez, I would have bet pounds to peanuts I would have gotten you with that
one Paul (sigh). I guess I'll just have to lift my game a few notches, eh
:-)?

ruff

ruff ruff (heh heh)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:02:59 +1000, "roughplanet"
wrote:

More specifically, a Church of England one. You don't have to look further
than our disgraced Governor General for proof of that.
Being a Christian is bad enough, God only knows, but being Church of
England brands you both a liar & a hypocrite, but not necessarily in that
order.

Struth! What did I say that caused Optus to ban my last post??? Anyway, here
it is again. Let's see if I mention the magic word/sentence/whatever this
time.....

Geez, I would have bet pounds to peanuts I would have gotten you with that
one Paul (sigh). I guess I'll just have to lift my game a few notches, eh
:-)?

ruff

ruff ruff (heh heh)

You probably would have, Ruff, except my server hasn't downloaded any
NG messages for the last three days, and I hate using Google groups.
Better luck next time. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

George M. Middius wrote:

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Why bother when scripture tends to indicate the 'Almighty' is himself a
sado-masochist?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
roughplanet roughplanet is offline

"Ayn Marx" wrote in message
ps.com...

George M. Middius wrote:

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and
supportive as is possible." A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Why bother when scripture tends to indicate the 'Almighty' is himself a
sado-masochist?

Himself? I think of the Almighty as a H-U-G-E Madam Lash.

ruff

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

farty-pants bitched:

horse****
all you brainless ****wits

You should change your name to "grumpyoldphart".

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 18 Aug 2006 18:09:51 -0700, "Ayn Marx"
wrote:

George M. Middius wrote:

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Why bother when scripture tends to indicate the 'Almighty' is himself a
sado-masochist?

Interesting POV, Ayn. Care to quote some scripture in support?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

Default OT: IT'S NOW OFFICIAL

paul packer wrote:
Why bother when scripture tends to indicate the 'Almighty' is himself a
sado-masochist?

Interesting POV, Ayn. Care to quote some scripture in support?

And I will give over the Egyptians
into the land of a hard master;
and a fierce king will rule over them,
says the Lord, The Lord of hosts.

Isaiah 19:4

Behold, the day of the Lord comes,
cruel with wrath and fierce anger,
to make the earth a desolation
and to destroy its sinners from it.

Isaiah 13:9

..and as did Mark at 6:6-7 there appears to be a distinctionmade in
Biblical thought between the inward and the outward ( I'm not here
attempting to draw a distinction between the physical and the non
physical) ........
Behold the Lord will lay waste
the earth and make it desolate,
and he will twist its surface and scatter its inhabitants.

Isaiah 24:1

One could also dwell upon the implications of Almighty's Omnipotence &
omniscience in the context of the Crucifixion . What are we to make of
a deity who knowingly tortures his own son, & being part of the
Trinity, himself? Not to worry, theologians have multitudinous
strategies for wriggling out of that one.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 19 Aug 2006 00:17:06 -0700, "Ayn Marx"
wrote:

paul packer wrote:
[...]

God doesn't torture His Son. God offers His Son. The rejection and
torture arises out of the simple fact that the world cannot abide true
holiness, a fact proved by the fate met by most saints and sometimes
just good people. In any case the concept of a king having to perish
for the regeneration of the people (or crops perhaps) is as old as
history, and contains a mystery which it would be impractical to
elucidate here. In any case it should be clear to any intelligent
person that stuff like that is not to be understood with the
intellect, which is only capable of speculation based on experience
and observation of the external world. You may as well try to
apprehend by mere thinking passages in the Indian Upanishads like,
"How can the Knower be known?" which is somewhat tantamount to asking
how an eye can see itself.

I hate to keep quoting Charlie Chaplin, but it always seems so
appropriate in these discussions:

"We think too much and feel too little."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

paul packer said:

God doesn't torture His Son. God offers His Son.
the world cannot abide true holiness

"I am not religious." -- paul packer, June 2006

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

paul packer wrote:

"We think too much and feel too little?"

No, you feel too much and think too little.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
[email protected] oldphart@bellsouth.net is offline

On 2006-08-19 said:
Anybody with half a clue thinks all you brainless ****wits
should suck on a shotgun.
I'd be more than glad to pull the trigger for ya.

Because it's time you brainless f**kwits at rec.audio.pro &
anywhere else for that matter got a little bit of your own s**t
back again. We, at aus.hi-fi have been innundated with this
mindless drivel for months now, and I for one intend to give every
damn bit as good as I get. Capice?

Look to rec.audio.opinion for this drivel. THat's where it
originates, and that's where this horse**** should stay.
But these folks being the wastes of perfectly good food
water and oxygen that they are pollute anywhere on usenet
they can with it.
HEy but then you guys have PHil Allison in proximity to you.
Glad we don't here.

Many of us who read and post to rec.audio.pro are interested
in the craft and art of audio production. These idiots want
to engage in ascii ****ing contests that neverend, and they
crosspost their drivel to other audio related groups because
they wish to be the center of attention. THe best policy is
to criticize sharply any one of your regulars who crossposts
to rec.audio.opinion, and shun that individual. SOunds like
many of you just as many of us don't want their ilk around.

HEy there we go, we could all take up a collection to get
them together for a convention and then experiment with
nerve gases etc.

Have fun!!!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

farty-pants bitched:

horse****
all you brainless ****wits

You should change your name to "grumpyoldphart".

I think he's a ****less brainwit.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:15:37 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr

paul packer said:

God doesn't torture His Son. God offers His Son.
the world cannot abide true holiness

"I am not religious." -- paul packer, June 2006

No contradiction there, George. The problem is your conception of the
word "religious".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 19 Aug 2006 05:29:31 -0700, "Ayn Marx"
wrote:

paul packer wrote:

"We think too much and feel too little?"

No, you feel too much and think too little.

So you believe the part of my post you snipped is the result of my
thinking too little, is that it?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

paul packer said:

God doesn't torture His Son. God offers His Son.
the world cannot abide true holiness

"I am not religious." -- paul packer, June 2006

No contradiction there, George. The problem is your conception of the
word "religious".

Prattling about "God" and "His Son" and "holiness" -- not religious?
Speaking parabolically, even cryptically -- not religious? You're the one
who's lost the thread, paul.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

wrote:

paul packer wrote:

"We think too much and feel too little?"

No, you feel too much and think too little.

So you believe the part of my post you snipped is the result of my
thinking too little, is that it?

Whatever you feel petal.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

wrote:

paul packer wrote:

"We think too much and feel too little?"
No, you feel too much and think too little.

So you believe the part of my post you snipped is the result of my
thinking too little, is that it?

Whatever you feel petal.

Can't answer a straight question, Ayn? That's not like you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Alan Rutlidge Alan Rutlidge is offline

wrote:

paul packer wrote:

"We think too much and feel too little?"
No, you feel too much and think too little.

So you believe the part of my post you snipped is the result of my
thinking too little, is that it?

Whatever you feel petal.

Can't answer a straight question, Ayn? That's not like you.

Hmmmm.... wow a new NG aus.hi-fi-religion, what ever next?
Careful though, YKW might have flashbacks and get all bitter and twisted
again. :-(

Cheers,
Alan

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

paul packer wrote:

Can't answer a straight question, Ayn? That's not like you.

If you'd learnt how to ask one, maybe, However, this has wandered so
far off topic it's totally innapropriate continuing such discussion
here. Not only that, but I have little interest in responding to so
called 'straight questions'. Anyone able to assert "In any case the
concept of a king having to perish for the regeneration of the people
(or crops perhaps) is as old as history, and contains a mystery which
it would be impractical to elucidate here." demonstrates a contempt for
logic and its place in theological discussion.( Elucidate the 'mystery'
and it no longer is one.) Not that there ever was a place for logic in
theology, despite Aquinus's attempts to pretend otherwise.

"Lest you be wise in your own conceits, I want you to understand this
mystery; a hardening has come upon part of Israel, until the full
number of the Gentiles come in, and so all Israel will be saved; as it
is written :-
'The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob;
and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.'

Romans 11:25

" Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion:"

1st Timothy3:16

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

Alan Rutlidge wrote:

Hmmmm.... wow a new NG aus.hi-fi-religion, what ever next?
Careful though, YKW might have flashbacks and get all bitter and twisted
again. :-(

Alan m'dear. YKW isn't able to quote chapter and verse. All that
remains of his miss-education is neurosis and sexual hangups, induced
by the worship of a semi-naked male nailed to a cross, amongst other
things.

Enough of religion already.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:03:16 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr

paul packer said:

God doesn't torture His Son. God offers His Son.
the world cannot abide true holiness

"I am not religious." -- paul packer, June 2006

No contradiction there, George. The problem is your conception of the
word "religious".

Prattling about "God" and "His Son" and "holiness" -- not religious?
Speaking parabolically, even cryptically -- not religious? You're the one
who's lost the thread, paul.

As you wish, George. But many people use terms you would consider
"religious" who are not religious in the conventional sense at all--
Theosophists, Anthroposophists, even certain philosophers. My
"theology", if you want to call it that, comes mainly from the School
of Philosophy and the writings of Rudolph Steiner among others. No
religionists there. As I've said, I have no interest in or affiliation
with any religious organisation and have not been to church since the
age of 12. Am I then religious? I say no.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 20 Aug 2006 01:10:44 -0700, "Ayn Marx"
wrote:

paul packer wrote:

Can't answer a straight question, Ayn? That's not like you.

If you'd learnt how to ask one, maybe, However, this has wandered so
far off topic it's totally innapropriate continuing such discussion
here. Not only that, but I have little interest in responding to so
called 'straight questions'. Anyone able to assert "In any case the
concept of a king having to perish for the regeneration of the people
(or crops perhaps) is as old as history, and contains a mystery which
it would be impractical to elucidate here." demonstrates a contempt for
logic and its place in theological discussion.( Elucidate the 'mystery'
and it no longer is one.)

There's no " contempt for logic" involved in what I said, Ayn. Not
even a contradiction. If you can't see that there really is no further
base for discussion.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

paul packer said:

God doesn't torture His Son. God offers His Son.
the world cannot abide true holiness

"I am not religious." -- paul packer, June 2006

No contradiction there, George. The problem is your conception of the
word "religious".

Prattling about "God" and "His Son" and "holiness"

BTW, George, I never "prattle". Prattling is against my religion. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

paul packer wrote:
If you can't see that there really is no further base for discussion.

On that we agree..................................

Today also my complaint is bitter,
His hand is heavy in spite of my groaning.
Oh, that I knew where I might find him,
That I might come even to his seat!
I would lay my case before him
and fill my mouth with arguments.
I would learn what he would answer me,
Would he contend with me in the
greatness of his power?
No; he would give heed to me.
There and upright man could reason with him,
and I should be acquited for ever by my judge.

Job 23:1-7

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

paul packer said:

God doesn't torture His Son. God offers His Son.

Prattling about "God" and "His Son" and "holiness"

BTW, George, I never "prattle". Prattling is against my religion. :-)

Gibbering, then? Or some other verb that connotes incoherence or a lapse
of sentience.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Ayn Marx Ayn Marx is offline

paul packer wrote:
My
"theology", if you want to call it that, comes mainly from the School
of Philosophy and the writings of Rudolph Steiner among others. No
religionists there.

Ah! The horn full of bull**** - that explains it !..Still, the tiny
furniture for the kiddies was a good idea.

'When the accusers stood up, they came together here, they bought no
charge in his case of such evils as I supposed; but they had certain
points of dispute with him about their own superstition and about one
Jesus.'

Acts 25:18

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

paul packer said:

Perhaps you can now perform the same magic with POLITICAL discussion.

Aren't you proud to be australian? You should take steps to bring down
the
law on Lyin' Bwian.

**He's small potatoes. Our lying scumbag of a Prime Minister has to be
brought down first. Trouble is, unlike your idiot of a President, our PM
is
smart. He's still a liar though. Must be a Christian thing.

Unnecessary slap at Christianity No. 436 by Trevor Wilson, whose grasp
of electronics is sadly not matched by his grasp of metaphysics and the
ethereal in general.

In short, give us a break, Trev. :-)

**Sorry Paul. I can't stand hypocrisy. Worse, I can't stand the lack of
critical thinking displayed by (in this instance) Christians in the US.
Those idiots voted for George W Bush, based solely on the fact that he
claims to be a born again Christian. Dubya has shown himself to be a liar
and dangerously unbalanced. He is one of the most un-Christian humans on
this planet. He cares not for the misery of others and only for the
enrichment of himself and those who surround him. He is, quite simply,
utterly evil and without any obvious morality. And yet, US Christians
continue to support him, just because he claims to be one of them. Our PM
also claims to be a Christian, yet sanctions some pretty disgusting acts,
which are the antithesis of what Christianity stands for.

My words stand.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au