Posted to rec.audio.tech
Alfred Amerio Alfred Amerio is offline

Default headphone advice

Hi! Our computer & tv are located at opposite sides of our livingroom.
If I am using my computer & over ear cup type headphones I can hear the
tv sound in the background. I have tried different noise canceling type
headphones in stores & was not happy with their noise reduction. On
www.drumperfect.com/extreme_headphones.asp I found Ex29 extreme
isolation noise reduction headphones that seem to be what I am looking
for. $89.99. Might these help solve my problem? Am I asking for
something that does not exist? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you
all.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Alfred Amerio" wrote ...
Hi! Our computer & tv are located at opposite sides of our livingroom.
If I am using my computer & over ear cup type headphones I can hear
the
tv sound in the background. I have tried different noise canceling
type
headphones in stores & was not happy with their noise reduction. On
www.drumperfect.com/extreme_headphones.asp I found Ex29 extreme
isolation noise reduction headphones that seem to be what I am looking
for. $89.99. Might these help solve my problem? Am I asking for
something that does not exist? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you
all.

"Noise cancelling" devices only work effectively on
continuous sounds (like aircraft noise, etc.) Few if any
of them at any price will work well on "random noise"
like speech and/or music.

Get some nice wireless headphones for the TV viewer(s).
I have several pair of Advent AW770 which I like a lot.
Last three pair I bought were ~$25 each (refurb) on eBay.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Alfred Amerio" wrote in message

Hi! Our computer & tv are located at opposite sides of
our livingroom. If I am using my computer & over ear cup
type headphones I can hear the tv sound in the
background. I have tried different noise canceling type
headphones in stores & was not happy with their noise
reduction. On www.drumperfect.com/extreme_headphones.asp
I found Ex29 extreme isolation noise reduction headphones
that seem to be what I am looking for. $89.99. Might
these help solve my problem? Am I asking for something
that does not exist? Any advice would be helpful. Thank
you all.

One possible solution is in-ear monitors. If you want to sample their
performance on the cheap, try some Koss "The Plug" earphones.

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/284170.html

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Tim Padrick Tim Padrick is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Alfred Amerio" wrote in message

Hi! Our computer & tv are located at opposite sides of
our livingroom. If I am using my computer & over ear cup
type headphones I can hear the tv sound in the
background. I have tried different noise canceling type
headphones in stores & was not happy with their noise
reduction. On www.drumperfect.com/extreme_headphones.asp
I found Ex29 extreme isolation noise reduction headphones
that seem to be what I am looking for. $89.99. Might
these help solve my problem? Am I asking for something
that does not exist? Any advice would be helpful. Thank
you all.

One possible solution is in-ear monitors. If you want to sample their
performance on the cheap, try some Koss "The Plug" earphones.

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/284170.html

The Extreme Headphones sound pretty good (a little mellow on the top) and
isolate very well. Make sure that they are the current version, and not a
buyout of the previous version.

The Koss sound pretty crappy, but then I think the ubiquitous Sony 7506
sound kinda crappy too.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Tim Padrick" wrote in message

[...]

For opposite reasons - "The Plug" is short on highs, and the 7506 run to
excess. The good news is that you sample "The plug" and get change from a
$20 bill. They don't sound so bad for that price!

Speakers and amp power Alan Car Audio 39 September 21st 06 06:56 PM
Headphone to Line Input Transformer Adapter? Mars Pro Audio 9 April 20th 05 03:37 PM
A THANK TO THE KIND FOLKS WHO SHARED THEIR ADVICE ON SINGING Mack Pro Audio 1 September 3rd 04 10:17 AM
Headphone Solution for High End Gaming RIG Gamer Audio Opinions 20 December 23rd 03 12:58 AM
Audio Advice Johnston West Pro Audio 1 August 12th 03 03:10 AM