Posted to rec.audio.tech
Cliff Curry Cliff Curry is offline

Default Advice: Physically small power amplifier for use with Ipod dock.

I want a high-fi ipod dock, not a boom-box. Can one buy a suitable, small,
power amp for use with real stereo speakers? Or, Is there such a thing as
hi-fi (not toy) speakers with power amps in them?

Thanks

Cliff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Walt Walt is offline

Cliff Curry wrote:

I want a high-fi ipod dock, not a boom-box. Can one buy a suitable, small,
power amp for use with real stereo speakers?

Yeah, for some values of "small".

Maybe this: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/330890.html
or this: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/297692.html

Or, Is there such a thing as
hi-fi (not toy) speakers with power amps in them?

Yes, definitely. Powered (active) studio monitors. Available from
"toy" through "studio reference" models and priced accordingly.

http://www.fullcompass.com/category/...-Monitors.html
Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:07:01 -0600, Cliff Curry wrote:

I want a high-fi ipod dock, not a boom-box. Can one buy a suitable, small,
power amp for use with real stereo speakers? Or, Is there such a thing as
hi-fi (not toy) speakers with power amps in them?

they're called amplified speakers. A google search for the term will
find you many examples.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rob Rob is offline

Check out Sonic Impact