Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dan Williams Dan Williams is offline

Default Bose Acoustic Wave Changer won't power up with remote

I got second-hand a Bose Acoustic Wave System II with changer (but
without remotes), and I got two remotes from a separate source. Both
remotes behave the same: Most buttons work, but it can't turn on the
power of the changer. (It can turn it off, however.)

Does this mean the changer is definitely defective, or am I missing
some other possibility? I suppose the batteries in the remotes could
be weak, but it doesn't seem likely that they would both have the
exact same level of weakness.

Dan Williams
danwPlanet
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

"Dan Williams" wrote in message
I got second-hand a Bose Acoustic Wave System II with changer (but
without remotes), and I got two remotes from a separate source. Both
remotes behave the same: Most buttons work, but it can't turn on the
power of the changer. (It can turn it off, however.)

Does this mean the changer is definitely defective, or am I missing
some other possibility? I suppose the batteries in the remotes could
be weak, but it doesn't seem likely that they would both have the
exact same level of weakness.

Dan Williams
danwPlanet

Sorry, it does sound like both remotes have the same problem.

I hate those remotes...

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
James James is offline

very good possibility you need two new batteries for two remotes

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dan Williams Dan Williams is offline

Nope, new batteries did not help. It still won't power on. (It
powers on the main player, but not the changer.) I can switch discs,
but play/pause.doesn't work.

Just out of curiosity, is the lower CD button supposed to power the
changer on?

Dan

very good possibility you need two new batteries for two remotes

mariarayan mariarayan is offline
Junior Member

i also thinks you need to get new batteries for both remotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Williams View Post
I got second-hand a Bose Acoustic Wave System II with changer (but
without remotes), and I got two remotes from a separate source. Both
remotes behave the same: Most buttons work, but it can't turn on the
power of the changer. (It can turn it off, however.)

Does this mean the changer is definitely defective, or am I missing
some other possibility? I suppose the batteries in the remotes could
be weak, but it doesn't seem likely that they would both have the
exact same level of weakness.

Dan Williams
danwPlanet

FS: BOSE WAVE RADIO see pic... Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 June 17th 04 05:00 AM
More on Bose The Acoustic Wave Mikal Fisher General 0 January 31st 04 07:33 PM
BOSE WAVE RADIO MUST SEE!!! Mr. Tawny the talking tiger Marketplace 2 January 4th 04 08:05 PM
F/S Bose Wave Radio Bruce Marketplace 0 October 7th 03 05:48 PM
F/S Bose Wave Radio Bruce Marketplace 0 October 7th 03 05:48 PM