Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

Default Baxandall (of tone control fame)

Just found this while web-browsing...

http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/jaes.o...44_9_PG796.pdf

Over the years, many of us have used the Baxendall tone control but
who knew the man? I didn't.
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
bigwig bigwig is offline

On 30 Mar, 19:24, Engineer wrote:
Just found this while web-browsing...

http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/jaes.o...44_9_PG796.pdf

Over the years, many of us have used the Baxendall tone control but
who knew the man? *I didn't.
Cheers,
Roger

Excellent, thank you,
I knew of him but not much. I live only five miles from Malvern, can
see it from the back window on a clear day, small world eh.
Cheers
Matt.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
KeithR KeithR is offline

Engineer wrote:
Just found this while web-browsing...

http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/jaes.o...44_9_PG796.pdf

Over the years, many of us have used the Baxendall tone control but
who knew the man? I didn't.
Cheers,
Roger

I can claim to have known him (very slightly), he was the senior circuit
consultant at the Royal Radar Establishment, while I was an apprentice
electronics engineer. I did meet him on several occasions, he was a
generous man with his time, he used to come and give talks at the
apprentice's audio club. His job was to give advice to others on tricky
problems, most people that I knew who did, came away bemused by the
maths involved, but had a circuit drawn by the man himself that usually
did exactly what was needed. I also went to at least one of his lectures
at work about circuit theory.

Not only was he respected, but he was universally liked, a rare combination.

Keith
Angus Stewart Pinkerton Angus Stewart Pinkerton is offline
Junior Member

Location: Rempstone, Leicestershire, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer[_2_] View Post
Just found this while web-browsing...

http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/jaes.o...44_9_PG796.pdf

Over the years, many of us have used the Baxendall tone control but
who knew the man? I didn't.
Cheers,
Roger
Did you notice that the obituary was written by Laurie Fincham, ex technical head of KEF? Another great British audio engineer, now gone over to the Dark Side! :-)