Posted to rec.audio.tech
sengsational sengsational is offline

Default Voice Recorder Capabilities - Netcast Listening

Does anyone know which Sony voice recorders can do the following:

1) accept mp3 files via USB transfer
2) allows simple to execute skip-ahead (10 seconds or so)
3) allows resume of track playback from the point where playback last
stopped

Right now I have an MP3 player that handles 1), but has no 2) or 3)
(if I turn if off, it starts at the beginning of the track). I
download MP3 netcasts to listen to in the car, but I want a one-button
skip ahead (I know one Sony has this feature, but forgot the model
number) so I can skip the repetitive commercials. And some of these
netcasts are longer than my commute, so the ability to re-start in the
middle of a "track" (where I left off) is essential.

Why is it so hard to get detailed specs on these digital voice
recorders? Or am I just missing it. I broke-down and went to Best
Buy to get one ... none of the recorders that were out had batteries,
the sales associate couldn't find the instructions for any of them,
and the less expensive recorders were inside indestructable plastic
packaging, locking away both the unit and instructions. Circuit City
had only the units in the indestructable plastic, and nary a sales
associate to be found. So remind me why I even bother to drive to
those brick and mortar places! Ok. End rant.

Maybe someone knows of a nice article on some recent voice recorder
models? One with enough detail for me to know if 2) and 3) are
available, or better yet, personal experience with one of these
devices that fits the bill.

--Dale--

Digital Voice Recorder Bob Simon Tech 4 January 25th 07 02:24 PM
CD recorder for voice teacher Peter A. Stoll Pro Audio 14 August 24th 06 11:32 PM
Which voice recorder ? Pete Tech 4 January 1st 06 11:34 AM
Which voice recorder ? Pete Tech 0 December 31st 05 04:08 PM
Digital Voice Recorder greenwavepilot Tech 0 January 14th 05 11:55 PM