Posted to rec.audio.car
Mathias Körber Mathias Körber is offline

Default car radio too loud - what to do?

My car radio is too loud for my liking.
While it has 30 volume settings, I can only really
use up to 6 or 7, and usually end up listening at a
setting of 2 or 3.

This limits the ability fine-tune the volume.

Is there any way I can change this so that I have more
fine-tuning control, say volume levels from 0 to 15 covering the
same actual volume that I now have from 0 to 5?
Would I need to place any resistors or such between the radio
and the speakers? (Note: No extra amp or such installed,
just the stock radio).

any help is appreciated
Posted to rec.audio.car
tnichols tnichols is offline

grow some balls, and get some subs.. You must be really old. that sucks

--
tnichols

Posted to rec.audio.car
Duct Tape[_16_] Duct Tape[_16_] is offline

what kind of vehicle is this? are you sure there isnt an amplifier
installed? it sounds like what would happen if an amp were installed
and not adjusted properly.

--
Duct Tape

Posted to rec.audio.car
BigBob BigBob is offline

Pinhead type of reply. Still............. better than the usual SPORK?

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/se...earchid=647035

"tnichols" wrote in message

grow some balls, and get some subs.. You must be really old. that sucks

--
tnichols

Posted to rec.audio.car

Duct Tape wrote:
what kind of vehicle is this? are you sure there isnt an amplifier
installed? it sounds like what would happen if an amp were installed
and not adjusted properly.

It's a Ford Focus Mk II (Europe., Asia) with the standard 6000CD model
radio.

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] dragunheartzz@gmail.com is offline

On Jan 30, 9:54 pm, Mathias Körber wrote:
Duct Tape wrote:
what kind of vehicle is this? are you sure there isnt an amplifier
installed? it sounds like what would happen if an amp were installed
and not adjusted properly.

It's a Ford Focus Mk II (Europe., Asia) with the standard 6000CD model
radio.

Well I do not know this car that well. But how can your radio be too
loud? I have pulled up to places and they told me to turn it down
because they were hearing/feeling it inside the building. Not know
what if you have hearing aids or not, but if so turn them down and
your radio up. Or just try opening your windows so that the volume has
else where to go! (Might make a lil louder but not as focus on you!)

use my pc to talk loud [email protected] Pro Audio 2 August 31st 07 03:23 AM
Making It Loud? The Ghost Tech 3 April 7th 05 11:02 PM
Help! Big Gap between too loud and too soft... Kiasu Surfer General 0 October 12th 04 05:02 PM
How loud is loud? Leoaw3 Pro Audio 4 March 27th 04 08:19 PM
Weird static right-front speaker only: factory radio: 93 Civic (Very loud at times!) Scott Mumford Car Audio 10 September 24th 03 06:33 PM