Nathan

Default Amp for JL subs HELP

I am looking at setting up a new system (last system just got stolen). I am
using Infinity Kappa tweeters, Kicker mids and midbasses, Rockford Fosgate
400a4 and 800a2 amps with 3 JL Audio 10W6s and a Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap.
They left my speakers and stole my subs and amps, so I have to start over.

Here is the question I am going to run 2 JL 12W6v2s so they can be wired at
either 1 or 4 ohms. So I am looking at purchasing an amp to push these. So
far it seems the options are A/B class amp that is around 200-250 x2 or a D
class amp that is around 1000x1.
Brands I am considering include Kicker, Phoenix Gold Tantrum and Octane,
Soundstream and Hifonics.
To be more specific:
Kicker KX800.2 200x2 or 800x1 (4 ohms)
Kicker KX1200.1 1200x1 (1 ohms)
Phoenix Gold T1200.1 1200x1 (1 ohms)
Phoenix Gold R15.0:1 1000x1 (4 ohms)
Soundstream Tarantula TR880/2 220x2 or 880x1 (4 ohms)
Soundstream RUB1000-2 200x2 or 1000x1 (4 ohms)

The amp for my mids and highs I am plannin on runnin between 50x4 and 80x4 (4
ohms) and am considering Phoenix Gold, Precision Power, Kicker, and
Soundstream.

Any opinions or experience with any of these or anything related would be
greatly appreciated. I havent kept up with all the stereo stuff in a few
years, so not sure if all of the same old brands are still good or if any new
ones are better.
Nathan
Atlanta, GA
'93 Land Cruiser
'95 Supra Turbo
Douglas Conder

JL amps are great.

500/1 (500 x 1 @ 1.8-4 ohms)
100/1 (1,000 x 1 @ 1.8-4 ohms)

"Nathan" wrote in message
[...]

Nathan

maybe I should clarify this...the insurance company is kind of screwing me and
I dont have $1000 to spend on one amp. So I am trying to get a good deal
online somewhere...I know there are risks, but I have had good luck with amps
in the past and unless I want to buy **** that is my only good option (knock on
wood).

Nathan
Atlanta, GA
'93 Land Cruiser
'95 Supra Turbo
Douglas Conder

If you want good bang for the buck, look at JBL, Kicker, MTX, Rockford. All
of these are really good amps at decent prices. Less cost than JL amps and
more power in some cases. The JBL 1200.1 is a great amp for the money.

"Nathan" wrote in message
maybe I should clarify this...the insurance company is kind of screwing me

and
I dont have $1000 to spend on one amp. So I am trying to get a good deal
online somewhere...I know there are risks, but I have had good luck with

amps
in the past and unless I want to buy **** that is my only good option

(knock on
wood).

Nathan
Atlanta, GA
'93 Land Cruiser
'95 Supra Turbo

wicked1

Hifonics Brutus series 1000x1 or the 1500x1 great price on them on ebay.

"Nathan" wrote in message
[...]

I need help with 8 or 4 ohm subs for kenwood amp Rich Car Audio 4 December 5th 03 09:23 AM
For Sale or Trade....Image Dyanamics Subs Douglas Conder Car Audio 0 September 9th 03 01:43 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM
Subwoofer direction Doobie-Doo Car Audio 108 August 13th 03 04:15 PM