EFFENDI

Default dolby digital decoder

_ wrote:

I'm looking for a dolby digital decoder that takes in spdif and puts
out line level 5.1 6-channel.

Any clues?

Have you heard of www.google.com????
I'll do the work this time...

Audiobahn’s ADD51T - around $500.00
Clarion DVH940 - around $550
Kenwood KDS-P901 - around $550
Alpine PXA-H700 - $800.00
Alpine PXA-H900 - $4000.00 (yes this is real)

EFFENDI

EFFENDI

Brandon Buckner wrote:

How many of those actually have spdif inputs and line level outputs? I
don't believe any.

Brandonb

Do you know what SPDIF is? Do you know that an RCA output is a type of
line-level output.

EFFENDI
EFFENDI

_ wrote:

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 02:17:01 GMT, EFFENDI
wrote:

Have you heard of www.google.com????
I'll do the work this time...

Audiobahn’s ADD51T - around $500.00
Clarion DVH940 - around $550
Kenwood KDS-P901 - around $550
Alpine PXA-H700 - $800.00
Alpine PXA-H900 - $4000.00 (yes this is real)

EFFENDI

Google! Thanks for your Google work..!

Audiobahn ADD51T - around $500.00
Of the five you listed, only the Audiobahn I wasn't aware of. I'm
looking for a trunk-mount accessory. This DIN mount won't do. It has
coaxial input, which is nice.

Clarion DVH940 - around $550
Kenwood KDS-P901 - around $550
These only have optical fiber inputs. Not my bag.

Alpine PXA-H700 - $800.00
Alpine PXA-H900 - $4000.00 (yes this is real)
These are pretty sweet, but they do way to much.

I apologize. I was too concise. I should have provided more
information about what I know and what I was looking for:
- trunk mount
- SPDIF (Coaxial) input
- 5.1 (6) Channel output

I'm not sure about the input format, though. Something that would work
with the SPDIF output from this:
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...m/overview.htm

The board will do AC3 (Dolby Digital) and PCM. So I'm sure it'll be
fine.

The best resource I've found so far for my search is this:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Busi...ssories/Audio/

But having to hit every website and navigate their flashy pages is
lame. Is there a better resource out there for searching? Google is so
low level. Isn't there a 'pricewatch.com' for car audio gear out
there??? Can anyone make a suggestion?

By the way, isn't SPDIF and coaxial synonymous? Am I wrong?

Yes SPDIF and DIGITAL coaxial are the same. They are often confused as
being different. Technobabble is all it really is. You can buy a SPDIF
to Optical Digital (Fiber Optic) convertor if you want. They both work
wit the same formats. There are no advantages or disadvantages to using
Optical Digital vs. SPDIF. The sound quality is the same.

The list was thrown together in 2 minutes. Just examples of products I
am familiar with/found in the 2 minute time frame.

Any of the DIN units will work in a trunk mounted system and it might
save you a lot of space. If cosmetics are important to you I reccomend
the Alpine but it is pricey. I still need some more information on what
you are trying to do with the computer setup. Have you considered using
convertors on the motherboards audio outputs to convert them into an RCA
line-out. You probably will have Dolby Digital decoding through
software/hardware unless the sound card supports SPDIF pasthrough
(Creative SoundBlaster Audigy's will do this).

Try www.pricegrabber.com, www.froogle.com (new and it works great).
Google is low level?? Wow, you need to learn how to use it then. Google
is one of the most powerful searching tools on the web. Or look on eBay.
I've pretty much spelled it out for you. Please let me know what your
plans are. I am interested in this project.

EFFENDI

Dolby digital surround sound home theatre amplifier? Popcorn Lover General 6 May 25th 04 06:09 PM
Dolby Prologic II DSP skibum Car Audio 2 March 18th 04 07:14 AM
Optical Digital is it a standard or is it proprietary EFFENDI Car Audio 2 March 16th 04 09:07 AM
Wanted: Car Cassette Deck w/ Dolby C Mark C. Barrett Car Audio 0 September 19th 03 03:12 PM
"Digital Audio" brand 5.1 speakers Lightning General 1 September 18th 03 01:52 AM