Steven R. Rochlin

Default - Audio Industry News -

Hi Everyone,

New information on Snell Acoustics' SPA200 subwoofer amplifier, True
Audio's TrueRTA PC based audio testing system, Classé Audio's new Delta
series, various show opportunities, NAD's new L 53 integrated+DVD unit, and
much more. See what is new within our industry, updated every weekday, at
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/news/

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin
http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Where you can find:

Superior Audio, The Absolute Sound,
Review Magazine, The $ensible Sound,
Audiophile Audition, The Audiophile Voice...
....and MUCH more!

Pederoalex

Mr. said:
This was a total
flop from the start and even the demo at the Huge Showest Convention in Vegas
for theatre owners was a failure and a dismal blunder at best on their part.
Its one market that Bose obviously knew nothing about and also learned
absolutely nothng about along the way, except that they shouldn't be there. No
sound technician or re-recording mixer that I am aware of would ever except
their system. If you think there were no highs normally you shold have heard
the effect of of the 901's when placed behind a normally hf atttenuating movie
screen!! Many people I know actually got up and walked out of the Showest Demo.
BRBR

As an experienced cinema equipment installer, this doesn't ring true from my
recollection. While I didn't attend ShoWest that year, I did attend other Bose
Cinema demos - notably one in a theatre in Pasadena that completely destroyed a
full-on THX system, installed so that one could easily A/B both. HF
reproduction has never been a fault of Bose pro speakers, rather questions on
intelligibility. Bose has overcome these questions over the years however.

Bose Cinemas are very common overseas, I've seen them heavily advertised in the
U.K. for example.

The part of your story that shows it to be fraudulent is your statement that
"many people got up and walked out of the demo". Professional audio people
aren't rude in this way, unlike those that claim to be professionals on the
Usenet. I've dutifully sat thru the most horrific demonstrations because you
never know when you'll find something useful, even if the demo is no good.
Professionals have nothing to gain by "getting up and walking out".
Pederoalex

See what is new within our industry, BRBR

The REAL news seems to be this story, making the rounds in the auto industry.
The buzz seems to be exceedingly positive. Despite the Bose bashers.

Alex