Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] jdwilliams@frii.com is offline

Default Chemical R500 needed

I have a contact at NASA Glenn Research center who is trying to locate
vendor that sells JT Baker Chemical R500 or its equivalent. Chemical
R500 is a mixture of barium and strontium carbonates (with
organic binders and amyl acetate plus other ingredients)
that is used in the production of vacuum tubes (and in their
refurbishment). Does anyone happen to know someone who repairs vacuum
tubes
and re-coats their own cathodes that might be willing to supply this
material? I would appreciate any leads that are provided. Thanks