Michael

Default Where to get KT88s for Dynaco?

Hi. I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III mono block tube amps. One has a gassy
tube, and I suspect that all the KT88s could probably use replacement, as
they are very old. Where can I get some, and what should they cost?

Thanks.
Maaaaaaark

new production, or old stock?

be aware its gonna cost you if you want old GEC's or something like that.

as far as new production goes.. svetlana makes 'em, i think either JJ or
sovtek do too, and of course theres probably something chinese as well.

just checking quickly at AES - JJ, and Svetlana, (czech, and russian,
respectively) are $35 - $40 a piece. sovtek's and valveart (rus. fed. &
proc), are a touch under $30.

they want $270 /ea. for old stock US and british ones.

too rich for my blood..

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi. I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III mono block tube amps. One has a gassy
tube, and I suspect that all the KT88s could probably use replacement, as
they are very old. Where can I get some, and what should they cost?

Thanks.

greg z

Hi. I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III mono block tube amps. One has a gassy
tube, and I suspect that all the KT88s could probably use replacement, as
they are very old. Where can I get some, and what should they cost?

Thanks.

=======================
http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/index.html
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true
Jim McShane

"Michael" wrote...

I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III mono block tube
amps. One has a gassy tube, and I suspect that all
the KT88s could probably use replacement, as
they are very old. Where can I get some, and what
should they cost?

I carry the EH KT-88s, I can heartily recommend them.
Price wise, $99.50/quad is all.

PROPERLY matched too!

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

James Gale

Try:

http://www.kcanostubes.com/

or

http://www.kcanostubes.com/

. ca...

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi. I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III mono block tube amps. One has a

gassy
tube, and I suspect that all the KT88s could probably use replacement,

as
they are very old. Where can I get some, and what should they cost?

Thanks.

James Gale

Durnit. I thought I had McShane's site in the buffer, but I see he posted
anyway.

All is right then.

Jim
"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:55:34 GMT, "James Gale"
wrote:

Try:

http://www.kcanostubes.com/

or

http://www.kcanostubes.com/

or

http://www.kcanostubes.com/, maybe?

:-)

kyser

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi. I have a pair of Dynaco Mark III mono block tube amps. One has a gassy

tube, and I suspect that all the KT88s could probably use replacement, as
they are very old. Where can I get some, and what should they cost?

Based on my recent positive (international) dealings with Mr Carlson, I'd
suggest he

http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/6550kt88kt90.html