Miguel Garvie

Default Audio software to add effects in real-time, eg. echo, pitch-bend, etc..

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know a piece of software to add effects to what's coming
from a microphone in real-time? For eg. to add echo, or bend the
pitch, etc...? I remember that one of the sound blaster cards used to
come with this software, you could even make it sound like you were in
a toilet and it really worked, but they don't offer to download on
their website.
Cheers,
Miguel

TimPerry

"Miguel Garvie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know a piece of software to add effects to what's coming
from a microphone in real-time? For eg. to add echo, or bend the
pitch, etc...? I remember that one of the sound blaster cards used to
come with this software, you could even make it sound like you were in
a toilet and it really worked, but they don't offer to download on
their website.
Cheers,
Miguel

http://www.creamware.com/ however as far as i know their products are
designed to only function with their own hardware (sound cards)

Paul Stamler

"Miguel Garvie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know a piece of software to add effects to what's coming
from a microphone in real-time? For eg. to add echo, or bend the
pitch, etc...? I remember that one of the sound blaster cards used to
come with this software, you could even make it sound like you were in
a toilet and it really worked, but they don't offer to download on
their website.

DC-LIVE, available from Tracertek.

Peace,
Paul

Jonny Durango

You can setup real-time monitoring in cubase sx 2 to achieve this. Just run
your mic into cubase and have it monitor out to your PA. I've noticed that
only slower systems there is some latency. You might be able to adjust this
in the control panel. Good luck!

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

"Miguel Garvie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know a piece of software to add effects to what's coming
from a microphone in real-time? For eg. to add echo, or bend the
pitch, etc...? I remember that one of the sound blaster cards used to
come with this software, you could even make it sound like you were in
a toilet and it really worked, but they don't offer to download on
their website.
Cheers,
Miguel

james of tucson

On 2005-01-09, Dave wrote:

Ah, yes, "Latency". What computer hardware would folks recommend to best
defeat this live performance evil?

What sound card do you have? Before buying anything, try a driver
called "ASIO4ALL" (Google for it.) That does a good (10ms) job on
certain AC97 devices.

Otherwise, I always feel comfortable recommending the PCI versions of
M-Audio Delta cards. The 2- (4 with sp.dif) channel version is $99
everywhere and delivers just as good fidelity as your $400 Lynx or RME,
and can give 5ms latency.

I'm a musician, into musical instruments not recording, so latency is
one of my main issues. The high fidelity aspect is all gravy to me.

Kurt Albershardt

james of tucson wrote:

I always feel comfortable recommending the PCI versions of
M-Audio Delta cards. The 2- (4 with sp.dif) channel version is $99
everywhere and delivers just as good fidelity as your $400 Lynx or RME

NOT.