Guitarlp

Default iPersonalize Settings

I just got my new Alpine deck and it sure is sweet. Even though I don'
have any settings dialed in it still sounds 100 times better then my
year old alpine deck.

Anyways, I'm having trouble setting my Crossover control settings. Tim
correction was easy and the EQ is understandable... just need to tinke
a bit more with that to get a few EQ's that work for me. But I nee
help with the crossover control settings and if anyone is willing t
lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab with JL-Audio XR650-CS 2-wa
componemt speakers in the front (speakers are down by feet and tweete
is closely above the mid-range speaker. Rear speakers are JL Audi
XR650-CX coaxal speakers. Subwoofer is a JL-Audio Stealthbox with
10W3v2-D2 woofer.

Ok, specs... the rear speakers:
Power Handling: 70W (RMS Method)
Efficiency: 89.5 dB
Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

Specs on the front speakers:
Power Handling: 70W (RMS Method)
Efficiency: 89.5 dB
Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

Specs on the sub:
Nominal Diameter: 10 inches (250 mm)
Continuous Power Handling: 300 Watts
Voice Coil: 2.25" diameter, 4-layer, Kapton former
Available Configurations: Dual 2 ohm, Dual 4 ohm or Dual 6 ohm
Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.51"-0.58" (13.0-14.7 mm) depending o
specific model

I listen to mostly Rock music... sometimes some Jazz/Blues an
occasionaly a little Eminem... but mostly rock. Any help with tunin
would be appreciated.

Also, with my Stealthbox... should I have my Subwoofer settings on th
Alpine HU set Stereo or mono

-
Guitarl

Paul Vina

I'd do something like 80Hz hi and lo-pass with the 24dB/octave slope (4 on
the display) to start. If your midbasses can handle more then try it down
at 63Hz or shallower slopes. There is no "right" setting for your
components, only settings that will work for you in your setup with your
listening habits.

Paul Vina

"Guitarlp" wrote in message

I just got my new Alpine deck and it sure is sweet. Even though I don't
have any settings dialed in it still sounds 100 times better then my 4
year old alpine deck.

Anyways, I'm having trouble setting my Crossover control settings. Time
correction was easy and the EQ is understandable... just need to tinker
a bit more with that to get a few EQ's that work for me. But I need
help with the crossover control settings and if anyone is willing to
lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab with JL-Audio XR650-CS 2-way
componemt speakers in the front (speakers are down by feet and tweeter
is closely above the mid-range speaker. Rear speakers are JL Audio
XR650-CX coaxal speakers. Subwoofer is a JL-Audio Stealthbox with a
10W3v2-D2 woofer.

Ok, specs... the rear speakers:
Power Handling: 70W (RMS Method)
Efficiency: 89.5 dB
Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

Specs on the front speakers:
Power Handling: 70W (RMS Method)
Efficiency: 89.5 dB
Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

Specs on the sub:
Nominal Diameter: 10 inches (250 mm)
Continuous Power Handling: 300 Watts
Voice Coil: 2.25" diameter, 4-layer, Kapton former
Available Configurations: Dual 2 ohm, Dual 4 ohm or Dual 6 ohm
Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.51"-0.58" (13.0-14.7 mm) depending on
specific model

I listen to mostly Rock music... sometimes some Jazz/Blues and
occasionaly a little Eminem... but mostly rock. Any help with tuning
would be appreciated.

Also, with my Stealthbox... should I have my Subwoofer settings on the
Alpine HU set Stereo or mono?

--
Guitarlp
Guitarlp's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3336
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=43582

Guitarlp

Great... thanks for the info.

What should I set my sub levels at? Like you said... it's all
preference... but I'd like to have a starting place to start messing
around with.

--
Guitarlp

Guitarlp

Oh, one more thing... for time correction... should that be from my ears
directly to the speaker, or from my ears horizontaly to the speaker?
What I mean is, if I'm sitting in my truck, my head is 34 inches going
directly to the speaker... but it's 28 inches horizontally to the
spaker (draw a line from my head to the speaker parralel to the
ground).

--
Guitarlp

Paul Vina

It should be from your ears directly to the speakers.

Paul Vina

"Guitarlp" wrote in message

Oh, one more thing... for time correction... should that be from my ears
directly to the speaker, or from my ears horizontaly to the speaker?
What I mean is, if I'm sitting in my truck, my head is 34 inches going
directly to the speaker... but it's 28 inches horizontally to the
spaker (draw a line from my head to the speaker parralel to the
ground).

--
Guitarlp
Guitarlp's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3336
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=43582

Alpine CDA-9813 & others EQ settings kkmike Car Audio 0 January 8th 04 09:52 PM
Amp Gains and Crossover settings rlyates Car Audio 1 December 12th 03 04:22 AM
Why does my stereo lose its settings? Matt Car Audio 3 October 19th 03 04:42 PM
Kenwood Q settings Steve Car Audio 0 September 30th 03 04:03 PM
Help with audio settings chriss2000 General 1 September 15th 03 04:23 PM