Enough Already

Default Adding Insult to Illness

When driving past rows of houses, committing your audio terrorism, do
any of you BOOM thugs give a thought to the plight of living people
inside those houses? You've been asked this before and you need to come
up with something better than "get earplugs!" Nobody should have to
suffer your punk agenda for even 10 seconds.

Many people inside the houses you terrorize suffer from chronic
migraines, long term pain and even cancer, where the slightest
indignity feels like an avalanche. Can you try to put yourselves in
their place? They may be on the verge of finally sleeping after
enduring hours of pain, then YOU come along with your low-I.Q.
subwoofers, and the moment is wrecked. With migraine headaches, even
normal speech can overload the brain. A stupid, drooling monkey
cranking 40hz is beyond tolerance.

Normal city background noise can be an irritant but ghetto-car noise is
deliberate, sinister and usually far worse. Those who are already
suffering do not need this evil garbage forced upon them. Can you even
begin to empathize with them?

This is another request for you to do the right thing and let others
rest in peace and enjoy the dwellings they work so hard to keep.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

P.S. If you like good car stereos (as do I) but are decent enough to
lower the volume in neighborhoods, you should take no offense to this
post. So don't waste words with the standard "don't accuse us ALL..."
speech. This is addressed to the losers that everyone is forced to
listen to.

KaeZoo

"Enough Already" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

How about the "what a waste of time" speech? You clearly didn't plan to
change any "punk" minds with your name-calling. Looks like you just wanted
to make yourself feel better with a nice, anonymous rant. I suppose you
could print it off, and send it to the editor of your local paper....but
they might make you sign your name.

Tony F

The delivery wasn't very convincing, but I totally understand where you're
coming from. I used to have a friend that drove around in very populated
apartment buildings with his stereo turned ALL the way up. I asked him what
the **** he was thinking and his reply was that it was HIS stereo and he
could turn it up as loud as he wanted.

Chalk it up to immaturity. This person is still my friend and his stereo is
even louder than before, but he wouldn't even think of doing that any more
out of respect for everyone else.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

MZ

With migraine headaches, even
normal speech can overload the brain.

Care to run that by me again?

This is another request for you to do the right thing and let others
rest in peace and enjoy the dwellings they work so hard to keep.

I agree for the most part, but I think you've got the wrong group. Most of
the people in here are not the boom-heads you seem to think we are. This
is, for the most part, a technical-minded newsgroup. I saw your "PS", but I
think it goes beyond that - the people you're addressing aren't here. Why
don't you try newsgroups that cater specifically to people who like to make
loud noises around town? Maybe start in the Harley newsgroup?

Tony F

"With migraine headaches, even
normal speech can overload the brain."

"Care to run that by me again?"

I "think" what he meant was that if he has a migraine headache, any noise at
all hurts like hell, not to mention someone that drives by booming.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
Focal 130HCs For Rear Fill, 2 Soundstream EXACT10s In Aperiodic Enclosure

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

MZ

"With migraine headaches, even
normal speech can overload the brain."

"Care to run that by me again?"

I "think" what he meant was that if he has a migraine headache, any noise
at all hurts like hell, not to mention someone that drives by booming.

I thought the whole "don't make noise because there are sick people out
there" argument was pretty funny actually. I was trying to get him to do
some more of it. Maybe he'll say "please, do it for the children!"

Mister.Lull

}:-) [laughing because it's funny]

I can get on board with what (s)he's TRYING to say, but I'm pretty sure
that this is just not the right venue for such a platform. (S)He must
be feeling pretty impotent about now, either that or (s)he's just very
new to the internet in general...

Spike

I absolutely, totally understand to problem, however, in my normally
quiet neighborhood until recently, the culprits are college age
ricers/tuners. This is NOT to say that all young people are
disrespectful of other people's rights. This particular group was
simply brought up without being taught manners. At 3 am they are using
the street behind my house to test their cars, and their stereos. When
my step son got his first truck, and loaded it with stereo gear, I
didn't mind PROVIDING he respected his neighbors, and others users of
the public roadways. He has enough manners to turn it down as he
approaches our neighborhood, and sitting at a stoplight or in heavy
traffic he would turn it down so as not to bother people next to him.
So, I don't think it's simply youth. I think it's simply that they
people who violate other's rights, have never learned simple manners.

Here the law is that the stereo must not be audible more than 50 feet
from the vehicle, and should not exceed X decibels (can't recall what
the level is for that). The public can take down a license number and
description of the driver, and file a complaint. As for the
neighborhood. The cretins who live down the street are open to what is
classified as a nuisance suit.... and the neighbors are getting ready
for that.

On 23 Apr 2005 15:38:22 -0700, "Enough Already"
wrote:

[...]

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Enough Already

KaeZoo wrote:

P.S. If you like good car stereos (as do I) but are decent enough

lower the volume in neighborhoods, you should take no offense to

this
post. So don't waste words with the standard "don't accuse us

ALL..."
speech. This is addressed to the losers that everyone is forced to
listen to.

How about the "what a waste of time" speech? You clearly didn't

plan to
change any "punk" minds with your name-calling. Looks like you just

wanted
to make yourself feel better with a nice, anonymous rant. I suppose

you
could print it off, and send it to the editor of your local

paper....but
they might make you sign your name.

I see you've written not ONE WORD OF CONCERN for all the people you're
annoying. It says everything about how your brain works, so don't try
to come off as a righteous individual being picked on unfairly.

Would you like the address of a cancer ward so you can park outside
with your mindless booming and annoy them to death? That's what I am
trying to discuss here. This is about cretins making violent noise, not
some particular poster's identity. Most people on Usenet are anonymous,
including hypocrites like YOU.

Criminal behavior has long been associated with noisy ego displays.
Instead of owning up to their low-life actions, they rather slash
someone's tires or threaten their family, etc.. Retaliation and looking
like big shots to other losers is the whole game with these steroid
stereos. If there weren't police and lawyers protecting the "rights" of
noisy scum, the citizenry would take matters into its own hands very
quickly.

PLAN OF ACTION:

I'd like to see someone patent a long range (approx. 100 yds)
immobilizer that could be aimed at a boom car to shut down the stereo
only. Stereo manufactures could embed circuitry (not a
removable/hackable chip) that would let a specific signal kill the head
unit while sparing other vital electronics. It would have to be
sanctioned by neighborhood groups after repeat offenses and controlled
to prevent abuse. Just giving it to police wouldn't be enough.

E=2EA.

http://enough_already.tripod.c=ADom/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

MZ

"Enough Already" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd like to see someone patent a long range (approx. 100 yds)
immobilizer that could be aimed at a boom car to shut down the stereo
only. Stereo manufactures could embed circuitry (not a
removable/hackable chip) that would let a specific signal kill the head
unit while sparing other vital electronics. It would have to be
sanctioned by neighborhood groups after repeat offenses and controlled
to prevent abuse. Just giving it to police wouldn't be enough.

There's no reason to believe that stereo manufacturers would ever go for
this. Ultimately, it would be abused. It could never be forced upon them
legally either, because it would quite clearly be struck down as
unconstitutional.

Enough Already

Tony F wrote:

The delivery wasn't very convincing, but I totally understand where

you're
coming from. I used to have a friend that drove around in very

populated
apartment buildings with his stereo turned ALL the way up. I asked

him what
the **** he was thinking and his reply was that it was HIS stereo and

he
could turn it up as loud as he wanted.

So what's not "very convincing" about the realities of low-life
behavior? Millions of annoyed people aren't imagining all this noise.
It's hard to convince scumbags they are indeed scumbags, so don't fault
my writing style!

Chalk it up to immaturity. This person is still my friend and his

stereo is
even louder than before, but he wouldn't even think of doing that any

more
out of respect for everyone else.

If someone is still booming much past the age of 21 they are scum, in
my opinion. The police are right to associated noise (of many types)
with crime or borderline criminality. Youthful arrogance can't be used
as an excuse.

E=2EA.

http://enough_already.tripod.c=ADom/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

Enough Already

MZ wrote:

With migraine headaches, even
normal speech can overload the brain.

Care to run that by me again?

All noise is an irritant with that type of pain and the sufferer just
wants to escape all light and sound. I'm trying to show that the
facades of houses aren't just something to bounce bass off of. There
are actual people inside them. Even responsible stereo owners have to
think twice about volume sometimes. Those with more bass than could
ever be needed inside a vehicle are not in it for musical quality.

This is another request for you to do the right thing and let

others
rest in peace and enjoy the dwellings they work so hard to keep.

I agree for the most part, but I think you've got the wrong group.

Most of
the people in here are not the boom-heads you seem to think we are.

This
is, for the most part, a technical-minded newsgroup. I saw your

"PS", but I
think it goes beyond that - the people you're addressing aren't here.

Why
don't you try newsgroups that cater specifically to people who like

to make
loud noises around town? Maybe start in the Harley newsgroup?

Enough of them ARE here, like "KaeZoo" who showed no empathy for noise
victims in his reply. Besides, these posts are Google archived and many
people find them in general searches. As another poster mentioned, if
you don't boom, you probably know someone who does, so it's all
connected. And who's to say we can believe that most of you aren't
noisemakers anyhow? People rarely sink thousands of dollars into
stereos to not have them heard by others.

E=2EA.

http://enough_already.tripod.c=ADom/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

MZ

If someone is still booming much past the age of 21 they are scum, in
my opinion. The police are right to associated noise (of many types)
with crime or borderline criminality. Youthful arrogance can't be used
as an excuse.

Yeah, truck drivers are all criminals...

Enough Already

Spike wrote:

[...]

I can't disagree, but what can be done about it in the big scheme of
things? Piecemeal going after thugs is clearly not working. They keep
coming back like cockroaches and rats.

I'd like to see embedded circuitry in head units that would allow a
stereo to be immobilized from a distance. Of course, it would have to
be regulated and used after a certain number of complaints. The BOOM!
problem is like email spam but much more intrusive overall. Stereos are
electronic devices and can theoretically be controlled by technical
means no matter how rotten the users are. Created disabling circuitry,
wait a number of years until the old units wear out, and we could stop
a lot of noise.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

MZ

All noise is an irritant with that type of pain and the sufferer just
wants to escape all light and sound.

Does this include truck drivers, motorcycle enthusiasts, and neighbors who
have graduation parties for their children? Or are you only limiting your
crusade to subwoofers?

Enough of them ARE here, like "KaeZoo" who showed no empathy for noise
victims in his reply.

How on earth did you get that from his reply?? He simply criticized the way
with which you delivered the message.

Besides, these posts are Google archived and many
people find them in general searches. As another poster mentioned, if
you don't boom, you probably know someone who does, so it's all
connected.

Is it? It sounds to me like Tony had already addressed the issue with his
friend.

And who's to say we can believe that most of you aren't
noisemakers anyhow? People rarely sink thousands of dollars into
stereos to not have them heard by others.

No one's forcing you to believe it. I think it's quite clear that the
classless one here is you. First, you post accusations without first
researching the nature of the newsgroup. Then you belittle people who
disagreed with your tactics (even though they were, for the most part, in
agreement with the underlying sentiment). And now you're calling the
regulars here liars. If you think your post is going to be effective, then
you have a lot to learn about dealing with people. Try exercising some of
the consideration that you're accusing us of not using.

MZ

I can't disagree, but what can be done about it in the big scheme of
things? Piecemeal going after thugs is clearly not working. They keep
coming back like cockroaches and rats.

I'd like to see embedded circuitry in head units that would allow a
stereo to be immobilized from a distance. Of course, it would have to
be regulated and used after a certain number of complaints. The BOOM!
problem is like email spam but much more intrusive overall. Stereos are
electronic devices and can theoretically be controlled by technical
means no matter how rotten the users are. Created disabling circuitry,
wait a number of years until the old units wear out, and we could stop
a lot of noise.

1. Stereo manufacturers would not agree to it; legislation would have to be
adopted. Fed legislation of this type is highly unlikely to be introduced,
and even if it was, it probably wouldn't get past the courts.

2. Abuse would be inevitable. Even if the "disabling" units were issued to
the police alone, it wouldn't be difficult to homebrew the stuff. Also,
disabling the disabler would probably be easy and would be an entire
industry unto itself.

3. There are FCC concerns.

Scott Gardner

On 24 Apr 2005 10:58:29 -0700, "Enough Already"
wrote:

I'd like to see embedded circuitry in head units that would allow a
stereo to be immobilized from a distance. Of course, it would have to
be regulated and used after a certain number of complaints. The BOOM!
problem is like email spam but much more intrusive overall. Stereos are
electronic devices and can theoretically be controlled by technical
means no matter how rotten the users are. Created disabling circuitry,
wait a number of years until the old units wear out, and we could stop
a lot of noise.

1) Unconstitutional as you described it. If it were only the cops
that had access to the disabler, and it required a court order or a
warrant to use it, that would go a long way towards making it legal,
though. Not any less silly, but legal.

2) Your suggestion of a non-removable, unhackable chip is folly. You
may as well wish for world peace and a cure for cancer while you're at
it. How long do you seriously think it would take for someone to
engineer and publish a workaround?

There will always be inconsiderate jerks, and sometimes you have to
put up with the occasional jerk in the interest of protecting your
freedoms. If the cops can't adequately enforce the noise ordinances
that are already in place, giving enforcement authority to the general
population is NOT the answer.
--
Scott Gardner

"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." (Arthur C. Clarke)

Spike

Actually, there is a method of noise cancellation which might be
developed for use. Essentially, it copies the incoming noise and sends
it back and the two actually cancel each other out. How that
application might be applied is for the experts to work out, and
perhaps the situation would be remedied.

Unfortunately, this still does not do anything to correct bad manners,
disrespectful people of any age, or those who are totally
inconsiderate. The lack of such qualities, while more often seen in
teens and twenty somethings, is not restricted. I have seen a lot of
"older" people who, maybe from losing their hearing at Woodstock or
Filmore West, crank it up. It is generally true that the older one
gets, the more the nerves are impacted by loud noise. Except for the
new arrivals, it is nice that when there is a party in the
neighborhood, the neighbors, go around and talk to their neighbors.
They also make sure that the level is greatly reduced from 10pm on,
and it only takes a telephone call to get cooperation if it's
disturbing. Except for our new "non-neighbor".... neighbors, good and
true, respect each other.... non-neighbors may live there but have no
respect.

wrote:

Spike wrote:

[...]

Spike

And there are legal measures which can be taken in most communities.
Initially a complaint to the local law enforcement agency. If it's
neighbors, a legal action, generally in small claims court, is
possible.

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:04:18 -0400, "MZ"
wrote:

[...]

MZ

By the way, folks...

In case you haven't visited his tripod site, it's a must see. The guy doing
all the bitching is a crackpot. He's deathly afraid of "overpopulation",
technology, capitalism, and subscribes to such ideas as: "Couples should
voluntarily limit their family-size to two or fewer children, and not just
for personal economic reasons." It's a hilarious doom and gloom site for
those interested though. I just hope you use a popup blocker...

[...]

KaeZoo

I see you've written not ONE WORD OF CONCERN for all the people you're
annoying. It says everything about how your brain works, so don't try
to come off as a righteous individual being picked on unfairly.

Try again. I don't have a subwoofer in either of my vehicles right now. I
don't have a problem with your message in general. I simply think your
"change peoples' minds by insulting them" approach is rather stupid.

Would you like the address of a cancer ward so you can park outside
with your mindless booming and annoy them to death? That's what I am
trying to discuss here. This is about cretins making violent noise, not
some particular poster's identity. Most people on Usenet are anonymous,
including hypocrites like YOU.

True, but I'm not the one doing the name-calling, am I?

Criminal behavior has long been associated with noisy ego displays.
Instead of owning up to their low-life actions, they rather slash
someone's tires or threaten their family, etc.. Retaliation and looking
like big shots to other losers is the whole game with these steroid
stereos. If there weren't police and lawyers protecting the "rights" of
noisy scum, the citizenry would take matters into its own hands very
quickly.

Sounds like an '80's vigilante movie. You made my wife's migraine worse, so
I'm fully justified in beating you up and torching your car. Speaking of
noisy ego displays.

PLAN OF ACTION:

I'd like to see someone patent a long range (approx. 100 yds)
immobilizer that could be aimed at a boom car to shut down the stereo
only. Stereo manufactures could embed circuitry (not a
removable/hackable chip) that would let a specific signal kill the head
unit while sparing other vital electronics. It would have to be
sanctioned by neighborhood groups after repeat offenses and controlled
to prevent abuse. Just giving it to police wouldn't be enough.

After which, presumably, the "scum" would just quietly go home and sob into
their Mountain Dews, right? After which we can proceed with the devices to
silence train whistles, noisy motorcycles, and barking dogs.

Spike

Hey, cool. My kinda people. Like sitting in a bar watching the drunks.
: )

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:59:36 -0400, "MZ"
wrote:

By the way, folks...

In case you haven't visited his tripod site, it's a must see. The guy doing
all the bitching is a crackpot. He's deathly afraid of "overpopulation",
technology, capitalism, and subscribes to such ideas as: "Couples should
voluntarily limit their family-size to two or fewer children, and not just
for personal economic reasons." It's a hilarious doom and gloom site for
those interested though. I just hope you use a popup blocker...

"Enough Already" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

MartyMcLeod

I understand your concerns and complaints, although they almost appear
*very* aggressive. But then again, I can understand that. If you're
ticked-off, you're ticked-off!

It seems to me this parallels the noise problem with the motorcycle
riders whose modified mufflers are *WAY* too loud. I mean, really
bad-deafeningly loud. Talk about headache-inducing noise!

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but I was an installer for several years
and I knew (in many cases) the customer wanted 12" or 15" woofers and
amp(s) loud enough so that _EVERYONE__ had to hear it. Usually as soon
as they picked up the vehicle, up went the volume control.

The sad irony is that not only do some cruise the neighborhood
bothering everyone with the sound, but they're going deaf
simultaneously. Very sad and irritating at the same time.

The problem is also bad for people who work in the 3rd shift and sleep
during the day...I would be mad too if somebody's *'pimp ride' * was
keeping me awake.

Oh well, just some thoughts...

--
MartyMcLeod
MartyMcLeod's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34271

John Durbin

Many people? R-i-i-i-g-h-t... you'd like us to buy into large chunks of
the population living, nay cowering in their homes in terminal
condition, likely to pass on from even the slightest disturbance in
their neighborhood. What a feeble community you must live in...

Frankly, most of the people I've ever known that were that sick or
terminal were less prone to complaining or letting passing irritants
interfere with their own priorities than you anti-noise types that
scuttle into RAC periodically. Good thing they have you guys to stick up
for them!

I'm also sure anyone in the condition you describe has many more
obstacles to overcome than a few booming vehicles driving past.

Nice job of trying to hide your personal attitude about it behind a
synthesized guilt trip though. I would think you guys would get tired of
coming into this group - which is hardly a hotbed of boomcar owners in
the first place - and looking for sympathy with crap like this.

JD