Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Quads in 9 min!

Man! I have to decide in 9 min if I have enough room for the Quads that
I've always wanted! ARG!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] Mr.clydeslick@yahoo.com is offline

On 2 Iun, 22:51, Jenn wrote:
Man! *I have to decide in 9 min if I have enough room for the Quads that
I've always wanted! *ARG!

You will need room for your subwoofers, too!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

Man! I have to decide in 9 min if I have enough room for the Quads that
I've always wanted! ARG!

They can go right next to the side wall like Maggies. They need more
room behind them than in front.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Jun 2, 7:51*pm, Jenn wrote:
Man! *I have to decide in 9 min if I have enough room for the Quads that
I've always wanted! *ARG!

They need to be off the walls at least 4 ft. IMO.

Scott

Yeah, that's what I figured. Bad for my room. What was attractive for
this pair is that the auction price was $1200 and I could have picked
them up about an hour away. But the price shot up over $300 in the last
little bit.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Jun 2, 7:51*pm, Jenn wrote:
Man! *I have to decide in 9 min if I have enough room for the Quads that
I've always wanted! *ARG!

They need to be off the walls at least 4 ft. IMO.

Scott

Yeah, that's what I figured. Bad for my room. What was attractive for
this pair is that the auction price was $1200 and I could have picked
them up about an hour away. But the price shot up over $300 in the last
little bit.

Quads in okay condition seem to go $1,500-2k in my experience shopping a
few years ago. A nerve-wracking eBay purchase as they are hard to pack
and the stators can be tired or dirty. If you're lucky, the input
capacitors are already toasted and need replacing.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Jun 2, 8:29*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Jun 2, 7:51*pm, Jenn wrote:
Man! *I have to decide in 9 min if I have enough room for the Quads that
I've always wanted! *ARG!

*They need to be off the walls at least 4 ft. IMO.

Scott

Yeah, that's what I figured. *Bad for my room. *What was attractive for
this pair is that the auction price was $1200 and I could have picked
them up about an hour away. *But the price shot up over $300 in the last
little bit.

I see them pretty often in that 1200-1600 price.
Until they closed a couple of years ago, Jeff's Sound Values always
seemed to have a pair for $1600.

ScottW

Thanks. So you can see why 1200 with no shipping from a trusted dealer
(where I bought my TT) got me excited!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] ixtarbrules@yahoo.com is offline

Unless you're the collector sort, go with modern electrostats rather
than Quads. Almost any old pair not completely rebuilt in the last
five to ten years will need to be and sooner rather than later.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Witlessmongrel tries to undo years of snarling.

If you really want Quads I'll sell you mine.

If I were you, Jenn, I'd be very careful of trying to do business with
Scottie. He might want to lure you onto his territory in order to bite off
your legs, or worse. At the very least, bring several friends with you.
Even better, get one of those heavy padded suits they use to train attack
dogs, and hire an armed bodyguard to accompany you.

--
"What you see is my misplaced expectations of a higher level of discourse."
-- Scottie Witlessmongrel, RAO, May 22 2009
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 3 Iun, 15:58, George M. Middius wrote:
Witlessmongrel tries to undo years of snarling.

* If you really want Quads I'll sell you mine.

If I were you, Jenn, I'd be very careful of trying to do business with
Scottie. He might want to lure you onto his territory in order to bite off
your legs, or worse. At the very least, bring several friends with you.
Even better, get one of those heavy padded suits they use to train attack
dogs, and hire an armed bodyguard to accompany you.

Just bring a prime cut of NY Strip Steak, I thnk Scott will like that.
His Quads are in great shape,

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Jun 2, 7:51*pm, Jenn wrote:
Man! *I have to decide in 9 min if I have enough room for the Quads that
I've always wanted! *ARG!

Jenn,

If you really want Quads I'll sell you mine. I eventually have to
get rid of them or the Legacy's and in the pool room for casual
listening, the Legacy's work just as well or better.

Let me know, you can check 'em out next time your visiting your father
if you're interested.

Scott

That's very kind, thank you. Let me do some layout measurements and get
back to you. I also spoke to my luthier today, and he's dangling an
awful tempting carrot...

I was in the Bay area today playing guitars and buying LPs at the
wonderful Analog Room in San Jose. I returned with quite a haul.

New Quads Mr Fox Audio Opinions 195 October 15th 06 08:34 PM
WTB: 2 quads Brimar EL34's tap1n Marketplace 0 May 12th 04 12:35 AM
WTB: 2 quads Brimar EL34's tap1n Marketplace 0 May 12th 04 12:35 AM
WTB: 2 quads Brimar EL34's tap1n Vacuum Tubes 0 May 12th 04 12:35 AM
WTB: 2 quads GE 6550A's tap1n Marketplace 4 March 29th 04 02:35 AM