Kirt Shearer

Default MXL V69- Hank?

Hello,

I searched for this subject, but didn't find anything definative... I
certainly found a lot of reviews and opinions regarding the MXL V67,
but didn't find any posts regarding experience with the V69. It
apparently wasn't out when Hank did his mega MXL review. I'm wondering
if Hank or anyone else has actually heard this thing, and what their
thoughts were.
Thanks for your time......

Kirt Shearer
Paradise Studios
Sacramento, Ca.
www.paradisestudios.net
Mr Layaway

I own one; do yourself a HUGE favor and get one! Silky smooth on every male
and female vocalist I have put it up to! Makes a KILLER ambiant kick drum mike
from about 12 inches out. I am happy!
LeBaron & Alrich

Default Harvey?? (Was " MXL V69- Hank?")

Kirt Shearer wrote:

Hello,

I searched for this subject, but didn't find anything definative... I
certainly found a lot of reviews and opinions regarding the MXL V67,
but didn't find any posts regarding experience with the V69. It
apparently wasn't out when Hank did his mega MXL review. I'm wondering
if Hank or anyone else has actually heard this thing, and what their
thoughts were.
Thanks for your time......

While I apprecaite the implied fame, Kirt, I think you must be thinking
of Harvey. We look a lot alike, but he's considerably more agile.

I've never used an MXL mic!

--
ha
John Washburn

"Mr Layaway" wrote:

I own one; do yourself a HUGE favor and get one! Silky smooth on every

male
and female vocalist I have put it up to! Makes a KILLER ambiant kick drum

mike
from about 12 inches out. I am happy!

12 inches out is "ambient"?

-jw

BlacklineMusic

12 inches out is "ambient"?

when micing a kick drum, the mic INSIDE the kick is called the spot mic. The
mic outside the kick, whether it be a foot or three feet is commonly referred
to as the ambient kick mic. Depending on the kick and the room, from one foot
to two feet is usually were I find the sweet spot for what I refer to as "kick
air".
LeBaron & Alrich

BlacklineMusic wrote:

12 inches out is "ambient"?

when micing a kick drum, the mic INSIDE the kick is called the spot mic. The
mic outside the kick, whether it be a foot or three feet is commonly referred
to as the ambient kick mic. Depending on the kick and the room, from one foot
to two feet is usually were I find the sweet spot for what I refer to as "kick
air".

I generally mic drums that have heads on them. Heads on both sides of
the drum(s). So a spot mic might be 12 inches from the kick and an
ambient mic many feet away.

--
hank alrich * secret mountain
audio recording * music production * sound reinforcement