Posted to rec.audio.tech
rlichter rlichter is offline

Default Accuphase DP90

Accuphase USA has finally concluded that the electroluminescent back
light for the Accuphase logo in the DP90 is not dependable. I could have
told them that after I'd replaced my third light about three years ago.
They charge $45 for these lamps and when you add labor and shipping for
the DP90, it costs well over $120. If it fails in three months, as mine
did, you've got to do the whole operation over again. Or, now that
they've acknowledged the lack of dependability, you can upgrade to an
LED back light for $200. Plus shipping. (It is invariably a tense
experience, entrusting an $8000 CD transport to UPS.) For these reasons
I replaced the last EL myself and it lasted three or four years. What I
have been trying to learn are the dimensions and operating voltage,
manufacturer and part number, for the EL used in the DP90. Accuphase USA
still has some EL's in stock, but I'm loathe to spend $45 on a light
worth about $5...if I knew exactly what lamp to look for. Can you help?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

rlichter wrote:

Accuphase USA has finally concluded that the electroluminescent back
light for the Accuphase logo in the DP90 is not dependable.

Average lifetime to 50% luminosity is 1000 hrs or so for EL panels.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

rlichter wrote:

[...]

If you google hard you may find OEM EL panels at acceptable costs.. They can
be cut to size.

Good Luck.

Graham