Posted to rec.audio.tech
gdyer911 gdyer911 is offline

Default Bose lifestyle 5/12

I have had my Lifestyle 5 for about 4 years. Yesterday my audio started dropping out and I would get a loud high frequency screech/burst...and then no audion. I did find a bad solder joint on the power socket adapter on the board which I will repair today. Are there other inherent audio problems associated with th LS 5?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

gdyer911 wrote:

I have had my Lifestyle 5 for about 4 years. Yesterday my audio started dropping out and I would get a loud high frequency screech/burst...and then no audion. I did find a bad solder joint on the power socket adapter on the board which I will repair today. Are there other inherent audio problems associated with th LS 5?

You might care to simply replace it with a competently manufactured piece of kit.

Bose is the most over-hyped, over-priced ****e on the market, relying entirely on 'smart' marketing to bring in gullible customers.

Sorry, but that there's the truth.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin McMurtrie Kevin McMurtrie is offline

In article ,
gdyer911 wrote:

I have had my Lifestyle 5 for about 4 years. Yesterday my audio started
dropping out and I would get a loud high frequency screech/burst...and then
no audion. I did find a bad solder joint on the power socket adapter on the
board which I will repair today. Are there other inherent audio problems
associated with th LS 5?

Bose, in general, is junk. It's the cheapest hardware mated to the best
technology in marketing.

--
I will not see your reply if you use Google.