Posted to rec.audio.car
Ted[_10_] Ted[_10_] is offline

Default OEM fit for 2005 SR5 4runner

Helllo,

I have a 2005 4runner SR5 with factory basic stereo (6 speakers,
single cd and casette tape). I would like to upgrade it to a
different toyota based unit that handles 6 discs in dash.

Does such an OEM unit exist? I was thinking of maybe one from a
camry, hi-lander, or even scion especially if I don't have to change
any wiring (am I dreaming here?). I'm happy with the sound quality, I
just want to run 6 discs and it would also be great to be able to play
MP3's if possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Ted
Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin John Durbin is offline

Sure, just go on eBay and look for the JBL upgrade model for that
truck... should be a 6-CD and will have a port on the back you can use
for adding iPod, sat radio etc. Wrecking yards another good place to look.

JD