xy

Default any thoughts on "Caig" stuff?

Latest issue of Recording magazine was way better than normal.

They had an article talking about:
Caig DeoxIT
Caig PreservIT
Caig ProGold.

I think this is something I should get into as part of proper studio
maitenance. I've heard the Radio Shack creoline (?) stuff wreaks
havoc on your contacts. So I've generally avoided this stuff.

I did get a bottle of ProGold recently and spritzed it on a few
things. But I'd love to know a good set of maitenance habits for this
stuff...any ideas?

maybe something like "use DeoxIT on your patch cords once a month, but
don't use it on your xyz because..."

I have *no* idea what a sensible schedule would be for this stuff. So
any insights would be most welcome. Thanks!
Glenn Davis

So I've generally avoided this stuff.

Cramolin R5 works fine. Used without any problems on Aircraft Carrier Size High
End SSL and Neve Desks (to name a few).

Glenn Davis
"Creating the perfect mix is like painting a 747 with Q-Tips"
Scott Dorsey

Glenn Davis wrote:
So I've generally avoided this stuff.

Cramolin R5 works fine. Used without any problems on Aircraft Carrier Size High
End SSL and Neve Desks (to name a few).

Where are you getting it?

Caig used to sell it, then Caig dropped the line. For a while, a guy named
Richard Schaffert was selling it in the US as an importer, then he disappeared
all of a sudden.

I know that Cramolin is still being made in Germany and you can order it
through Buerklin, but is there ANY distributor in America now? It always
worked much better for me than the DeOxit stuff, and I only have two cans
left in my hoard.
Charles Thomas

Always had great luck with Caig DeOxIt and Gold.

Just don't put it (or anything) in your fader sliders.

CT
Geoff Wood

"Charles Thomas" wrote in
message ...
Always had great luck with Caig DeOxIt and Gold.

Just don't put it (or anything) in your fader sliders.

No, but the Cailube 8does* work well there.

geoff

Glenn Davis

I only have two cans
left in my hoard.

That's more than I have by a half can. Shelf life should be pretty good though.
As far as American Distributors, your guess is as good as mine Scott.

Glenn Davis
"Creating the perfect mix is like painting a 747 with Q-Tips"
Mike

I tried the Cramolin stuff in Europe and the stink was so bad I had to
leave the room sometimes.
It seems that Caig has come out with many great products. The Deoxit
has never failed me and their ProGold products has performed amazing
results on computer and communications equipment. Since I also am
involved in professional audio, they have a new product specifically
made for conductive plastic membranes and faders - Cailube MCL - works
great on my membrane pad on my laptop.
Hey, if any of you use or maintain guitars, they even have guitar
string wipes - packaged and marketed by John Pearse Strings.
Take a look at their website (www.caig.com). They have lots of
information for many industries. Seems to me they are very progressive
and develope products that work great.

Mike

(Scott Dorsey) wrote in message ...
Glenn Davis wrote:
So I've generally avoided this stuff.

Cramolin R5 works fine. Used without any problems on Aircraft Carrier Size High
End SSL and Neve Desks (to name a few).

Where are you getting it?

Caig used to sell it, then Caig dropped the line. For a while, a guy named
Richard Schaffert was selling it in the US as an importer, then he disappeared
all of a sudden.

I know that Cramolin is still being made in Germany and you can order it
through Buerklin, but is there ANY distributor in America now? It always
worked much better for me than the DeOxit stuff, and I only have two cans
left in my hoard.

Andre Majorel

In article , Scott Dorsey wrote:
Glenn Davis wrote:
So I've generally avoided this stuff.

Cramolin R5 works fine. Used without any problems on Aircraft
Carrier Size High End SSL and Neve Desks (to name a few).

Where are you getting it?

Caig used to sell it, then Caig dropped the line. For a while, a guy
named Richard Schaffert was selling it in the US as an importer, then
he disappeared all of a sudden.

I know that Cramolin is still being made in Germany and you can order
it through Buerklin, but is there ANY distributor in America now? It
always worked much better for me than the DeOxit stuff, and I only
have two cans left in my hoard.

Dunno but their web site says they're "ein Unternehmen von (ITW)
Illinois Tool Woks Inc.". Incidentally, there doesn't seem to be
any "R5" reference in their catalogue.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we
Darrell Klein

Mike:

I agree with the original poster who noted this last issue of
Recording was way better than usual. Thanks to you and Scott and Paul
et.al.

Tell 'em we said so!
xy

i just used pro gold on my sennheiser headphones...so far so good!

for the longest time, the signal would sometimes cut out, and I would
be hatin' sennheiser for doing something so lame as having detachable
headphone wires.

but now i did a little pro gold, and the problem went away.

it was like magic.

mike pecchio

Cailube MCL 5% spray is great on all kinds of pots. I use alot of it, great
stuff.

mike p

Geoff Wood

"mike pecchio" wrote in message
Cailube MCL 5% spray is great on all kinds of pots. I use alot of it,

great
stuff.

I get clients where a squirt of DeToxit would not go amiss ....

ProGold works well on my cellphone battery contacts too !

geoff

Thoughts about XM radio Kevin D. Car Audio 4 July 20th 04 11:42 PM
upgrade thoughts antgel High End Audio 2 February 11th 04 02:45 AM
For Sale....Kicker Stuff Douglas Conder Car Audio 0 October 22nd 03 06:14 PM
Garage sale still going - added new stuff. Ge0 Car Audio 0 July 29th 03 01:54 AM
Geo's garage sale - Good stuff for cheap! Ge0 Car Audio 0 July 19th 03 02:56 AM