Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Bratzi's dream comes true

Did you see this headline in the LA Times?
"For sale: eternity with Marilyn Monroe"

It's a crypt, and it's going to be put for sale. Only half a mil, according to
the owner. Mere inches from Norma Jean's rotting remains. This is why you've
been scrimping and saving your whole life, Bratzi. Now you can cash in on all
the dumpster-diving and roadkill-scavenging you've grown accustomed to. The
validation of your obsession is at hand!

You should contact Mrs. Poncher right away and try to con her out of the crypt
at a lower price. I'm sure she doesn't intend to sell it on ebay if she can
get a good cash price. Marilyn's **** is calling to you.

--

"Arny is a man's man. If I were a woman, I would love to have his baby."

Bret "Bratzi" Ludwig, RAO, April 2, 2009
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Aug 14, 1:17 am, George M. Middius
wrote:
Did you see this headline in the LA Times?
"For sale: eternity with Marilyn Monroe"

It's a crypt, and it's going to be put for sale. Only half a mil, according to
the owner. Mere inches from Norma Jean's rotting remains. This is why you've
been scrimping and saving your whole life, Bratzi. Now you can cash in on all
the dumpster-diving and roadkill-scavenging you've grown accustomed to. The
validation of your obsession is at hand!

You should contact Mrs. Poncher right away and try to con her out of the crypt
at a lower price. I'm sure she doesn't intend to sell it on ebay if she can
get a good cash price. Marilyn's **** is calling to you.

Middiot, you're a low ****, but you already know that.

At least put a link:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,2135061.story

For sale: eternity with Marilyn Monroe

Elsie Poncher wants to sell the crypt, now occupied by her husband,
above the actress to help pay off her Beverly Hills mortgage. Her
starting price on EBay: $500,000.

By Jeff Gottlieb

" Richard Poncher's eternal sleep will soon be disrupted.

The onetime Beverly Hills resident, who died 23 years ago at the age
of 81, will be moving out of the crypt above Marilyn Monroe's resting
spot at the Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park cemetery.
Poncher's wife intends to sell the crypt, said to have once been owned
by Monroe's former husband, Yankee great Joe DiMaggio.

So although the plaque on Poncher's crypt reads: "To the man who gave
us everything and more," his wife, Elsie, is hoping that he has just a
little more to give. She wants to use the money to help pay off the
$1.6-million mortgage on her 1 3/4 acre Beverly Hills home.

"I can't be more honest than that," she said. "I want to leave it free
and clear for my kids."

Elsie Poncher plans to start the bidding at $500,000 when she places
the crypt on EBay, making it -- on a per-square-foot basis -- one of
the most expensive pieces of real estate on the market.

Richard Poncher was a serial entrepreneur, to hear his wife tell it,
who made a fortune with a variety of electronics firms and once sold
surplus U.S. Army airplanes and parts. She claims that he built two
bulletproof cars for Al Capone and owned 12 Rolls-Royces in his
lifetime.

"He wasn't afraid to tackle anything," Elsie said. "Besides that, he
was a helluva nice guy."

She said they lived a colorful, outsized life after meeting in Chicago
and moving West. "He knew all the gangsters," Elsie said.

They ate at the legendary Los Angeles restaurants that catered to
Hollywood -- the Brown Derby, Chasen's and Perino's. They owned an
apartment at the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong.

The house where Poncher's widow still lives is something of a museum,
with a Picasso drawing tucked away in a back hall and signed prints by
him and Chagall on the living room wall. When she brings out a photo
of her husband dressed in a conservative black suit and her wearing a
saucer-sized pendant with rubies and diamonds, she tells a story of
how it came from a deal her husband did with a relative of King Farouk
of Egypt.

Elsie said her husband bought the crypt from DiMaggio during his 1954
divorce from Monroe. She doesn't remember Poncher being particularly
enamored of Monroe. The actress didn't commit suicide until 1962, so
Poncher had no idea what an icon she would become in death or that
she'd someday be entombed at the Westwood cemetery.

Elsie isn't sure how her husband knew DiMaggio.

"He knew a lot of people," she said with a wave of her hand.

The couple were at the Regency Hotel in New York talking to DiMaggio,
she said, when the retired ballplayer asked, "You want to buy two
crypts?"

"Who the hell wants two crypts?" her husband replied.

He must have had a change of mind, because he bought them, one for him
and one for his wife.

Elsie, wearing gray sweats and with long pink fingernails, admits to
being in her 70s but is quick to add, "I do 20 laps in the pool every
day." She said that when she sells the crypt, she'll put her husband's
remains in the one reserved for her, and when her time comes, she'll
be cremated.

This will be the second time that Poncher's long sleep has been
disturbed.

When he was dying, Elsie said, her husband approached her with a
request. "He said, 'If I croak, if you don't put me upside down over
Marilyn, I'll haunt you the rest of my life.' "

Right after the funeral, Elsie said, she told the funeral director of
her husband's wish. "I was standing right there, and he turned him
over," she said.

The cemetery, which is hidden away off Glendon Avenue, is the final
resting spot for many celebrities, among them Natalie Wood, Dean
Martin, Rodney Dangerfield, Merv Griffin, Mel Torme, Truman Capote and
-- most recently -- Farrah Fawcett.

Monroe, though, is the most popular. Admirers leave roses and lipstick
marks on the crypt, marked with a simple plaque, "Marilyn Monroe
1926-1962." For several decades, DiMaggio had a dozen roses delivered
regularly to the crypt.

Jolene Mason, general manager of the cemetery, said there still is one
empty crypt in the Corridor of Memories Mausoleum where Monroe and
Poncher are buried. It is located two spots above the actress and to
the left. It can be yours for $250,000.

Playboy's Hugh Hefner bought the crypt next to the actress in 1992 for
$75,000. He said he has many friends buried there, and living close
by, it's almost the neighborhood cemetery.

"I'm a believer in things symbolic," he said. "Spending eternity next
to Marilyn is too sweet to pass up."

I suspect there is something bull**** about this. For one thing, the
"granite filing cabinet" area of the facility was brand new in 1962
when MM was interred there. For another, Joe DiMaggio was probably
_given_ the slot MM occupies: he was a cheap ******* and it was
fantastic promo for the cemetery.

As far as I'm concerned, when you're dead you're dead. They can make
Soylent Green out of the dead shell I leave behind for all I give a
****. I don't visit graves, Marilyn's or anyone else's, All that's in
there is a skeleton surrounded by a bunch of blackened dead biomatter
and a very rotted Pucci dress. Marilyn is gone.

Soon you, Middiot, also will be. But in your case no one will care.