William Sommerwerck

Just wondering if anyone has rule of thumb info about the best
quality/most reliable CD burners around on the market. The
Yamaha model of 2 yrs ago with the deep pits/slow burn function
seems to be discontinued, but I hear good reports about Plextor.

Plextor gets good reviews, and has terrific customer service (as I know from
direct experience). I also like the way you can easily update the drive's
operating system with a simple download.

Ray Thomas

Default Best CD burner around now ?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has rule of thumb info about the best quality/most
reliable CD burners around on the market. The Yamaha model of 2 yrs ago with
the deep pits/slow burn function seems to be discontinued, but I hear good
reports about Plextor. Anyone know of models which duplicate or extend on
the Yamaha's features...or just work spectacularly well time after time ? Is
it worthwhile going directly to a DVD burner to get the same features set ?
Thanks for your guidance.
Ray

---

Geoff Wood

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone has rule of thumb info about the best
quality/most reliable CD burners around on the market. The
Yamaha model of 2 yrs ago with the deep pits/slow burn function
seems to be discontinued, but I hear good reports about Plextor.

Plextor gets good reviews, and has terrific customer service (as I know
from
direct experience). I also like the way you can easily update the drive's
operating system with a simple download.

Plextor Premium is probably the state-of-the-art still.

geoff

James Perrett

Geoff Wood wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone has rule of thumb info about the best
quality/most reliable CD burners around on the market. The
Yamaha model of 2 yrs ago with the deep pits/slow burn function
seems to be discontinued, but I hear good reports about Plextor.

Plextor gets good reviews, and has terrific customer service (as I know
from
direct experience). I also like the way you can easily update the drive's
operating system with a simple download.

Plextor Premium is probably the state-of-the-art still.

geoff

The Premium is probably as good as it gets for a CD only drive but the
newer Plextor DVD drives like the 712 and 716 have all the test
functions that the Premium has and the DVD capability too.

Cheers.

James.

8X DVD Burner? Blind Joni Pro Audio 44 September 16th 04 04:10 AM
Cd Burner bjorked Mondoslug1 Pro Audio 14 July 17th 04 03:51 PM
toast can't find my burner Zoot Pro Audio 2 March 12th 04 08:37 PM
CD Burner Geoley Pro Audio 5 November 19th 03 03:41 AM
FS or Trade Glyph/Sony AIT Backup System and Glyph Firewire CD Burner Joshua David Pro Audio 0 October 12th 03 07:46 PM