Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Alex Lipnevic Alex Lipnevic is offline

Default AKG SolidTube problem

Hello guys,

I have recently bought a new (not used) AKG SolidTube mic from a local shop.. I've read many bad reviews about this mic, but I really like the way it sounds.
Anyway, there are some problems with it. The first one is the hum and buzz. I thought it was a grounding problem, so i have changed the electric system at my house. This killed the buzz, but the hum is still there. The next problem is a rhytmic noise which appears when my refrigerator starts working (the refrigerator is on the other side of the wall from the mic's pws).
I've read some topic that there was a problem with the first SolidTube's grounding. Might the noise from the refrigerator be also caused by that?

p.s. I've tried Furman's power conditioner but it didn't help.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...m-test-666.wav

AKG Solidtube - Repair Advice [email protected] Pro Audio 4 June 27th 14 06:55 AM
AKG Solidtube Sanbar Pro Audio 29 April 11th 06 08:36 PM
Infinity speaker problem or wiring problem Randy Car Audio 6 September 28th 05 10:41 PM
Viper Alarm problem and install problem @ Best Buy [email protected] Car Audio 9 February 4th 05 05:24 AM
thank u i solve pitch problem but not tempo problem bj Pro Audio 2 December 21st 04 11:15 AM