Ian

Default Car stereo with aux inputs

Hi
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a car stereo (radio/tape, or radio/cd)
that has an aux input (either front or rear), for plugging in other audio devices such
as mp3 players, laptops, etc.
Some of the older car radios had them but not any more.

Cheers
Ian

Tony Fernandes

There are a plethora of head units with aux inputs. Check out Cruthfield
for starters.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

"Ian" wrote in message
Hi
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a car stereo (radio/tape,

or radio/cd)
that has an aux input (either front or rear), for plugging in other audio

devices such
as mp3 players, laptops, etc.
Some of the older car radios had them but not any more.

Cheers
Ian

Bruce Chang

"Ian" wrote in message
Hi
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a car stereo (radio/tape,

or radio/cd)
that has an aux input (either front or rear), for plugging in other audio

devices such
as mp3 players, laptops, etc.
Some of the older car radios had them but not any more.

Cheers
Ian

To add to the list, Kenwood has an attachment that you plug into the changer
control port that will give you aux inputs.

fastcompjason

Ian, your request for a car radio with inputs is umong one of the most
highly regarded requests for audiophiles and like to use devices (or
other radios) to add to there current car setup for external "goodies"
that either you or friends (or work) has to offer for sound. Pioneer
has whats called an IP-BUS that is a special port built into most of
their head units that allow a module (again from Pioneer) to be
plugged into directly to the head unit for external RCA jacks to be
used as input for the sound system. I have installed a system like
what you are asking about just 3 days ago and I have a laptop and
Mini-disc players and other goodies that I use in my truck as well.
There are two different modules that you can buy from them (available
at most Pioneer resellers and installers) they are the CD-RB10 (just
has the left and right RCA jacks on it) and the CD-RB20 (which has the
RCA's but also an IP-Bus passthrough which still allows the head unit
to control a CD-Changer from Pioneer (which is the original operation
for the IP-Bus). I hope this answers your question. In short, yes they
are available its just that most of the units now have the option to
"add" it via ports in the back of the unit. Still others used and some
still do offer a headphone jack in the front face acting as an input,
although these as you have found are becomming increseingly rare and
most makers have opted for the plug-in add-ons instead. Hope this info
helps you Ian. Good Luck, Jason

Ian

Guys
Thanks for all your replies.
I have checked crutchfield.com and they do have what I am looking for but as I am
in Australia I would much rather buy locally, so I am looking for known brands that
are worldwide, unfortunately different countries sell different models, and there is also
the different frequency ranges used in different countries for the FM tuner.

I have seen on the crutchfield.com website the Aiwa CDC-X504MP which has a standard
3.5mm front aux input, so there is no need to buy an expensive adapter like my Sony needs,
but they are not available in Oz.

I have however stumbled across these new car in-dash mp3 players which reads your mp3
files from SD memory cards, that is exactly what I am trying to do.
So rather than spend money on a car stereo with aux inputs so I can feed my mp3 player into,
I would rather buy the actual head unit that _is_ the mp3 player.
Again, haven't been able to find these new products in Oz.

Cheers
Ian