Springer

Default Remember kids, mics make lousy tub toys...

Candidate for 2005 Darwin awards?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html

If this guy was rock-hard stupid enough to do this, some of you might be
too - take heed. Though I might be circumventing natural selection by
warning you. Apparently he'd gotten away with it before. He's probably not
the only one. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

wave junkie

"Springer" wrote in message
k.net...
Candidate for 2005 Darwin awards?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html

If this guy was rock-hard stupid enough to do this, some of you might be
too - take heed. Though I might be circumventing natural selection by
warning you. Apparently he'd gotten away with it before. He's probably
not
the only one. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Why are they not using wireless for a baptism????

Ricky Hunt

"Springer" wrote in message
k.net...
Candidate for 2005 Darwin awards?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html

If this guy was rock-hard stupid enough to do this, some of you might be
too - take heed. Though I might be circumventing natural selection by
warning you. Apparently he'd gotten away with it before. He's probably
not
the only one. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

I'm definitely surprised it doesn't happen more often. Any church that size
should have had wireless and he may have but just took it off (as many
preachers do) for fear of getting the wireless wet. I just hate to see
people treating him like an idiot or worse questioning his moral character
(though it was an IGNORANT thing to do) for doing it when I've seen
professional musicians who should know better do just as stupid stuff
(though not necessarily in baptismals).

Richard Crowley

"wave junkie" wrote ...
Why are they not using wireless for a baptism????

You apparently missed the Hollywood tabloid news flash about
the starlet who was saved from certain death when somebody
ripped the wireless mic off her just before she jumped into the
swimming pool. That 1.5V would have killed her!

(No members of the popular press know the slightest thing
about electricity, and their readers are even dumber.)

Scott Dorsey

Richard Crowley wrote:
"wave junkie" wrote ...
Why are they not using wireless for a baptism????

You apparently missed the Hollywood tabloid news flash about
the starlet who was saved from certain death when somebody
ripped the wireless mic off her just before she jumped into the
swimming pool. That 1.5V would have killed her!

Dunno about the voltage, but I might have killed her if it was one
of my Lectros...

Paul Stamler

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"wave junkie" wrote ...
Why are they not using wireless for a baptism????

You apparently missed the Hollywood tabloid news flash about
the starlet who was saved from certain death when somebody
ripped the wireless mic off her just before she jumped into the
swimming pool. That 1.5V would have killed her!

(No members of the popular press know the slightest thing
about electricity, and their readers are even dumber.)

No kidding. I gave up on a very bad piece of detective fiction when it
talked about a guy electrocuted in a swimming pool and said "The voltage
current was so strong, the pool still measured 60 volts 12 hours after the
power was turned off." Aside from using phrases like "voltage current", this
is the equivalent of saying "The bullet that killed him was so powerful,
when we dug it out of his chest it was still moving at 30mph."

Peace,
Paul

Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Paul Stamler wrote:

[...]

I hope you tape up any unused sockets so that electricty doesn't leak into the
atmosphere and cause cancer.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Buster Mudd

Paul Stamler wrote:

is the equivalent of saying "The bullet that killed him was so powerful,
when we dug it out of his chest it was still moving at 30mph."

....which by the way is a wonderfully poetic turn of phrase!

kgreener

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...33f237ed24b176

Jona Vark

"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
"The bullet that killed him was so powerful,
when we dug it out of his chest it was still moving at 30mph."

Doing surgery on a train can have that effect.

Peace,
Paul

Richard Crowley

"kgreener" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...33f237ed24b176

This appears to be a link to the Google representation of the other current
thread discussing this topic. What is your point?

Dr. Dolittle

Richard Crowley wrote:
"kgreener" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...33f237ed24b176

This appears to be a link to the Google representation of the other current
thread discussing this topic. What is your point?

What happened to the other thread? It seems to have disappeared from my
news server. ?
Paul Stamler

"Buster Mudd" wrote in message
oups.com...

Paul Stamler wrote:

is the equivalent of saying "The bullet that killed him was so powerful,
when we dug it out of his chest it was still moving at 30mph."

...which by the way is a wonderfully poetic turn of phrase!

Thank you.

Peace,
Paul