Marco Loos

Default ATP4

Hello,

A long time ago, I've bought 4 ATP4's, not knowing what is was.
A few years ago, I've build my first tube-amplifier with ECL86's.
But the ATP4's are looking great ! Is it possible to use them for an
small audio-amplifier ? 1 or 2 watts output power for example ?

Mayby by using it as a kathode-follower? I mean: The anode connected
to the + supply, and the kathode connected to the output-transformer ?

---------- U+

O ATP4
| ___
) ( speaker
) (___

_______ U-

Why is there a + en - sign at the filament ? Isn't it possible to use
AC for the heating ?
There isn't much data available on the internet about this tube.
I Really hope you can help me further with this.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Marco Loos
Maaaaaaark

You could try it in plain 'ol SE.. or maybe PP.

but with 5w max Pa, you're not going to get much juice out of it

"Marco Loos" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

A long time ago, I've bought 4 ATP4's, not knowing what is was.
A few years ago, I've build my first tube-amplifier with ECL86's.
But the ATP4's are looking great ! Is it possible to use them for an
small audio-amplifier ? 1 or 2 watts output power for example ?

Mayby by using it as a kathode-follower? I mean: The anode connected
to the + supply, and the kathode connected to the output-transformer ?

---------- U+

O ATP4
| ___
) ( speaker
) (___

_______ U-

Why is there a + en - sign at the filament ? Isn't it possible to use
AC for the heating ?
There isn't much data available on the internet about this tube.
I Really hope you can help me further with this.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Marco Loos

Henry 007

"Marco Loos" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

A long time ago, I've bought 4 ATP4's, not knowing what is was.
A few years ago, I've build my first tube-amplifier with ECL86's.
But the ATP4's are looking great ! Is it possible to use them for an
small audio-amplifier ? 1 or 2 watts output power for example ?

Mayby by using it as a kathode-follower? I mean: The anode connected
to the + supply, and the kathode connected to the output-transformer ?

---------- U+

O ATP4
| ___
) ( speaker
) (___

_______ U-

Why is there a + en - sign at the filament ? Isn't it possible to use
AC for the heating ?
There isn't much data available on the internet about this tube.
I Really hope you can help me further with this.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Marco Loos

Might be a good driver, you should use a power tube as output, maybe an 807
or 6V6.

Marco Loos

"Henry 007" wrote in message ...
"Marco Loos" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

A long time ago, I've bought 4 ATP4's, not knowing what is was.
A few years ago, I've build my first tube-amplifier with ECL86's.
But the ATP4's are looking great ! Is it possible to use them for an
small audio-amplifier ? 1 or 2 watts output power for example ?

Mayby by using it as a kathode-follower? I mean: The anode connected
to the + supply, and the kathode connected to the output-transformer ?

---------- U+

O ATP4
| ___
) ( speaker
) (___

_______ U-

Why is there a + en - sign at the filament ? Isn't it possible to use
AC for the heating ?
There isn't much data available on the internet about this tube.
I Really hope you can help me further with this.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Marco Loos

Might be a good driver, you should use a power tube as output, maybe an 807
or 6V6.

Thanks for the advise, but now I still have no shematics or more info
about this ATP4. Is there anybody with knowlegde about this tube ?

- Marco