Posted to rec.audio.pro
Guitardaddy Guitardaddy is offline

Default Otari Radar 1 or Yamaha AW4416

Hi
First time here and would greatly appreciate some advice
The choice is an Otari Radar 1 hooked up to a Mackie 24-8 with
outboard etc or
a Yamaha AW4416 stand alone digital mixer /recorder
Any tips would be welcome
It is the best sound that I am looking for as opposed to digital
connectivity
Regards
David Smith
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Guitardaddy wrote:
First time here and would greatly appreciate some advice
The choice is an Otari Radar 1 hooked up to a Mackie 24-8 with
outboard etc or
a Yamaha AW4416 stand alone digital mixer /recorder
Any tips would be welcome
It is the best sound that I am looking for as opposed to digital
connectivity

Don't know about sound quality, but I would give the Radar a huge advantage
in terms of ergonomics and ease of use. And I'll say that in spite of my
irritation with those damn Mackie eight-buss consoles.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil Gould Neil Gould is offline

Recently, Guitardaddy posted:

Hi
First time here and would greatly appreciate some advice
The choice is an Otari Radar 1 hooked up to a Mackie 24-8 with
outboard etc or
a Yamaha AW4416 stand alone digital mixer /recorder
Any tips would be welcome
It is the best sound that I am looking for as opposed to digital
connectivity

A lot depends on what you need in a recorder. One big difference between
these two is portability, since the AW4416 is designed to be taken on the
road. OTOH, if you need more than 8 mic inputs you would have to configure
the AW4416 with additional modules, and while this can be done, it adds to
the overall cost.

Neil