Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default "Constellation electroacoustic architecture"

Hi all,

Do any of you have experience working with, or working in a space
equipped with, this system from Meyer Sound?

http://www.meyersound.com/products/l...constellation/

Thanks,
Jenn
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Jenn wrote:
Hi all,

Do any of you have experience working with, or working in a space
equipped with, this system from Meyer Sound?

http://www.meyersound.com/products/l...constellation/

I have worked not with this system but with the older system designed by
Lexicon. And the Lexicon system works better than you'd expect.

It doesn't turn a completely dry room into the most wonderful hall ever,
but it allows an architect to build a room that is dry to begin with, and
add artificial ambience that is controllable.

The way I look at it, this is the _only_ way to take one room and make it
effective for spoken word, rock concerts, and classical music. But it
will not give you as good a room for classical music as a purpose-built
hall would.

The problem is that in the current era, it's hard to justify the cost of
a purpose-built hall that is specifically for classical music, and the
guys doing rock concerts (which tend to fill the seats and pay for the hall)
can't stand lush reverberant rooms that are great for string quartets.

But it's not horrible. I went into one the first time expecting it to be
horrible, and it wasn't. I have certainly heard worse halls without any
electronic assistance.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

In article
,
Jenn wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Scott. Our new hall (450 seats plus a blackbox, to be completed
a year from this summer) will have the Meyer Sound. I've not heard it
installed anywhere, so I may go up to Berkeley to hear the system there.
And you nailed the situation: the main uses will be for orchestra, wind
ensemble, choirs, jazz combos and big band, and theater (both musical
and straight). And we can't afford to have a super high ceiling, so we
are probably lucky to get this system.

Thanks for the info.

Jenn