shawn mann

Default Factory Amp Location?

Anyone know where the factory amp in a 98 Tahoe is located? It has the
factory 8-speaker (4 up front, 2 rear doors and 2 rear cargo area)
w/cassette & single disc cd player. I changed the head unit but it does
not power the amp for the speakers in the rear doors.

mayhemkrew

Hook up the remote turn on wire in the harness and will work fine. Did you
buy a harness or did you cut wires? If you bought a harness, power up the
solid blue wire in it (it might be labeled power anteanna, but that's it).
If you cut the harness off, the factory amp turn on wire should be either
pink or green.

"shawn mann" wrote in message
Anyone know where the factory amp in a 98 Tahoe is located? It has the
factory 8-speaker (4 up front, 2 rear doors and 2 rear cargo area)
w/cassette & single disc cd player. I changed the head unit but it does
not power the amp for the speakers in the rear doors.

thelizman

shawn mann wrote:
Anyone know where the factory amp in a 98 Tahoe is located? It has the
factory 8-speaker (4 up front, 2 rear doors and 2 rear cargo area)
w/cassette & single disc cd player. I changed the head unit but it does
not power the amp for the speakers in the rear doors.

Try looking under the drivers seat.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
ti

I did use the harness and there are two wires on the factory end that do not
have an opposite connection on the opposite end. I assumed one may have been
pwr to amp but didn't want to risk shorting something out, especially the new
HU. i'll try the pwr ant and see if it works.