Len Moskowitz

Default Tried using protable hard disk recorders?

Mike Rivers wrote:

Still, I have heard the difference between different grades of optical and
coaxial cable

So have I. But this is a jitter problem. TOSLink has more jitter than
wire, and when you get over about 10 feet of either, the effects can
become audible.

In general, this isn't true. I've seen and measured signals that had
considerably lower jitter over Toslink than over Coax. And I've seen
the opposite too. So you have to take it on a case-by-case basis.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
Len Moskowitz

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Who is this Jamie Lutch and why does his name keep coming up? Is he
some sort of Jukebox fanatic?

He's a taper with a healthy gear appetite. He was doing som beta
testing with Creative for awhile, trying to make the JB3 more useable
for live taping. I think he's no longer a fanatic, if he ever was.

He can be found on the laptop-tapers mailing list on yahoogroups.com .
He's still quite active and very knowledgeable and opinioned.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912