Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

Default Ribbon Mic picking up Radio Frequency Interference

"Truth" wrote in message

Or perhaps a combination of oscillation and RFI. What exactly are you
proposing is oscillating and why? What is the main component you
think is at fault? What do you think triggers this oscillation? The
oscillation theory doesn't explain how I was picking up a radio
program.

flashback to Fletcher mode

You would do well at this time to shut the **** up and not return until
you have followed the instructions you were given for troubleshooting
the issues which you have still failed to address as laid out by Mr. Dorsey.

What exactly are the four tests you propose?

ARE YOU JUST F U C K I N G D U M B OR WHAT?

At this point in time, you may as well just ****ing hang yourself. Re-read
the damned thread, dimwit, and cease continuing to make a complete and
unadulterated, disrespectful and disinterested FOOL of yourself. However,
you have created one of the longest threads on rec.audio.pro in a very, very
long time....... Unfortunately, it is based primarily on your own mental illness
regarding an addiction to snake oil and retail salesmen (usually some of
the least technically informed members of the human species), and then
secondly on your own failure to take some of the most simple steps in
troubleshooting into consideration and implement them.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Truth" wrote...

For the sake of science I thought I'd post the conclusion to this.

You're kidding, right? There will never be a conclusion to this because
you will not follow instructions and you believe that throwing money away
will cure your problems. I can only assume that you are rich and spoiled
and have no clue as to what to *seriously* do with your money.

You are arrogant, holier-than-thou, ignorant of any knowledge of basic
electrical, electronic, and physics principles of those as well as audio,
you are indignate, you ignore advice, you've probably rever recorded
a damned thing before in your life yet you are planning on purchasing
a business card with the words "Recording Engineer" and/or "Producer"
printed somewhere thereon.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Truth Truth is offline

On Sep 25, 5:56 pm, Mark wrote:
On Sep 25, 1:42 pm, Truth wrote:

On Sep 24, 4:39 pm, Mark wrote:

2. I switched the 7 pin cables around, no effect. I noted which
microphone exactly, by serial number, was picking up which frequency
exactly. It was always the case that the left microphone would pick
up a higher frequency in the 8000 Hz range while the right microphone
would always pick up a lower frequency in the range of 6500 - 7000Hz
range. These left and right were confirmed by serial number and
recorded.

I did not understand what you meant in this part......

Are you saying you reversed the left and right mic and the mic located
on the left always picked up the higher freq?

In other words even though there was a different serial number on the
left but it was always the higher frequency?

Or to say it another way...the frequency "followed" the side and did
not "follow" the serial number?

Mark

I confirmed by serial number each time. I set it up so that the
microphone pointing left was always left and the microphone pointing
right was always right; I just switched their cables.- Hide quoted text -

OK now I follow you...
you kept the mics in the same location but swapped the cables...
OK

so the left mic (lets call it SN01) always produced 8kHz and the right
mic (lets call it SN02) always produced 7 kHz even when you swapped
the cables that connect to the mics..
OK

So that seems to eliminate the cables and electronics etc...

So the next test is to actually physically reverse the mics, i.e. put
SN01 on the right and SN02 on the left and see what happens.

Do the frequencies follow the mic or do they stay with the "sides"

I have seen tubes develop high frequency microphonics that can get
stimulated by any small mechanical vibrations, I imagine the grids or
something inside get to vibrating. Does tapping on the mics seem to
have any impact?

Mark- Hide quoted text -

Yes, you are right about the grid in the tube, that was the problem.
Royer had 20,000 of these tubes made. 1600 of them were defective and
oscillated at 6.5k Hz + or - depending on the voltage. It was an
oscillation problem in the end.

The problem was due to the grid in the tube being wound wrong at one
of the plants they ordered the tubes from.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Truth Truth is offline

On Sep 27, 4:00 am, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" /Odm
wrote:
"Truth" wrote...
For the sake of science I thought I'd post the conclusion to this.

You're kidding, right? There will never be a conclusion to this because
you will not follow instructions and you believe that throwing money away
will cure your problems. I can only assume that you are rich and spoiled
and have no clue as to what to *seriously* do with your money.

You are arrogant, holier-than-thou, ignorant of any knowledge of basic
electrical, electronic, and physics principles of those as well as audio,
you are indignate, you ignore advice, you've probably rever recorded
a damned thing before in your life yet you are planning on purchasing
a business card with the words "Recording Engineer" and/or "Producer"
printed somewhere thereon.

Do you ever know what is going on or do you exist simply to criticize
and envy others? I said earlier, I suspected it was the tubes, and I
was correct. I arrived at the conclusion by doing tests and listening
to what the real experts here had to say. In the end we found the
solution, no thanks to dimwits like you, Eeyore, and Richard, who were
just making pointless criticisms that didn't add anything to the
discussion. In addition, you ridiculed what was actually the cause of
the problem when I brought it up earlier, for no other reason than you
want to justify your envy and pointless lives. That just goes to show
you had no clue from the beginning.

All you've done in this thread is criticize before understanding the
situation fully, and making a complete fool of yourself with your
pointless jibberish. You three are the real fools here. I see
straight through people like you. All this resentment boils down to
envy. You are some sad hateful people who have nothing better to do
with your lives than spread your hate onto others. Find something
better to do. Instead of being envious of others, do something
constructive with your time.

Thanks to the real pros here like Scott, Mark, and Mike. I'm done
here. Have fun making pointless posts. lol

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Truth" wrote in message...

The problem was due to the grid in the tube being wound wrong at one
of the plants they ordered the tubes from.

And how much money, time (I won't say effort), did you waste in the
process of avoiding doing what I personally told you to do the moment
you said you were on your second set of microphones....(?) (Which
was to send them back immediately).

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Truth" wrote in message

"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" /Odm wrote:

"Truth" wrote...

For the sake of science I thought I'd post the conclusion to this.

You're kidding, right? There will never be a conclusion to this because
you will not follow instructions and you believe that throwing money away
will cure your problems. I can only assume that you are rich and spoiled
and have no clue as to what to *seriously* do with your money.

You are arrogant, holier-than-thou, ignorant of any knowledge of basic
electrical, electronic, and physics principles of those as well of audio,
you are indignate, you ignore advice, you've probably rever recorded
a damned thing before in your life yet you are planning on purchasing
a business card with the words "Recording Engineer" and/or "Producer"
printed somewhere thereon.

Do you ever know what is going on or do you exist simply to criticize
and envy others?

Critizing you isn't very difficult. Envying you is beyond the imagination.
Pity? Perhaps. Envy? Not a chance in hell, ego-boy.

I said earlier, I suspected it was the tubes, and I was correct.

There are people who pointed you at the tubes during the first 24 hours
of this fiasco, and I told you to return the mics within 72 hours.

I arrived at the conclusion by doing tests and listening
to what the real experts here had to say.

As best as it is possible to tell, you haven't "listened" to one single
person in this thread... you merely wander back off on your own
disillusioned, I-know-better, trail of employing magic cables and
snake oil remedies instead of addressing the steps necessary to
make an honest assessment of the issue.... all the while essentially
mocking and belittling those who took the time offer you their patience
and help before considering that you might actually be nothing more
than a ****ING TROLL.

Two weeks later and you STILL haven't done the most basic trouble-
shooting recommended by Dorsey. Maybe he's just got a place in his
heart for complete idiots... I know he has a place for tolerance that
most do not... but even *you* ****ed him off by failing to follow the
recommended proceedures. TWIT.

In the end we found the solution,

WE ?!?!?!?!?!?! It took you TWO WEEKS to find an issue that
most people here would have been *required* to find within a matter
of minutes or hours. You're a ****ing MORON. And to have the
audacity to laugh at these people (I don't care what you say to me,
I'm a knob-tweaker, not a tech) and purvey your gullibility for snake
oil over their technical expertise is crazy. No buddy-pal.... YOU
didn't find a damned thing except that you purchased some bull****
that you had already returned once. (But not until you tried to smear
stupid ****ing magic remedies all over the issue.

(Royer should be highly embarrassed and recall these mics for
fear that other idiots like you might end up with them and create
a scene).

no thanks to dimwits like you, Eeyore, and Richard, who were
just making pointless criticisms that didn't add anything to the
discussion.

Warning you that you were a spoiled, gullible, rich kid with more
money than brains is part of the whole picture here. If it wasn't,
you would own some basic damned interface cables at 20% of
what you spent on SNAKE OIL BULL****. Only a ****ing IDIOT
is so damned gullible as to have refused advice for 14 days in
order to keep looking for more ****ING MAGIC PILLS.

So what we added served as fair and good warning to other IDIOTS
such as yourself who might fall for the "Magic" and the bull**** of the
commission-hungry salesmen bogus advertising and reviews.

It's all archived... so the mission is accomplished, whether you
ever grow a vrain or not. It's ALL THERE, itty-bitty-buddy... all
of your denial and stupidity, all of your snake-oil inferences, all
of your refusal to follow proceedures, all of your "I know better
than the people I am asking" statements, and all of your slight
and condemnation of those who offered only what they could
and didn't have the patience for your state of denial or ego.

In addition, you ridiculed what was actually the cause of
the problem when I brought it up earlier, for no other reason than you
want to justify your envy and pointless lives.

Say that again in English, dimwit. I told you, you stupid ****ing-idiot,
self-aggrandizing, egotistical maniac, to send the microphones back
on DAY THREE -- ELEVEN DAYS AGO.... and that your dumbassed,
overpriced, ****ing magic CABLES weren't going to do a damned thing
for you. You couldn't even troubleshoot the issue because you didn't
have any regular, run-of-the-mill, ordinary cables to swap out. (Even
though you probably could have bought TEN for the price you paid for
ONE).

If there was ever a "pointless life" hanging around this group, it's your
brainwashed, inexperienced, help-rejecting, egomaniacal self.

That just goes to show
you had no clue from the beginning.

Re-Read the thread, asshole.

That's something you should have been doing daily - but your DUMB-
ASSED, snake-oil believing self was TOO DAMNED GOOD to waste
your time actually troubleshooting the problem... instead, you went
after more snake oil and more remedies from the dumb-assed,
brain-dead, con-artist salesmen who convinced you to put the
commission on these worthless magic remedies into their pockets
to begin with.

Get a life there, dildo-head, and stop blaming others for your foolishness.

All you've done in this thread is criticize before understanding the
situation fully,

Kiss my ass you ****ing troll. I've probably had to resolve similar
problems more times than you have working brain cells.

and making a complete fool of yourself with your
pointless jibberish.

Show me.... you probably can't even find a post where I was speaking
directly to you that didn't have something of value in it.... even if it was
advising you to grow a ****ing brain and learn how to spend your money.
There's nothing "pointless" about that, to the average *intelligent* human.

You three are the real fools here.

There's only one real PROVEN fool in this thread, and it's the help-rejecting
idiot who started it. Thank heaven for Google.

I see straight through people like you.

You can't see you ****ing hand in front of your face.... and you've proven
that for 14 days straight.

All this resentment boils down to envy.

There IS NO resentment here, you bloody fool.... there's only PITY that one
person could throw away money based on advertising, hype and hearsay,
and then be so stupid as to wonder why the snake oil turned out to be just
that..... a bunch of worthless lies destined to bleed the pocketbooks of
complete dunces such as yourself. As to the microphones.... I'm really
surprised at Royer, but I told you... SEND THEM BACK... ten days ago.

You are some sad hateful people who have nothing better to do
with your lives than spread your hate onto others. Find something
better to do.

POT, KETTLE, BLACK. You have rediculed and shunned honest help
and analysis since for first puked up your dumbassed assessments
about the snake-oil you purchased as actually having some ability to
help you to deal with your issues.

Do you think snyone around here gets paid to put up with trolls like you?

So.... take YOUR ****ing recommendations and stick them squarely
up your ass, as far as you can and as rapidly as you can. No one gives
a flying **** about your 'holier-than-thou' attitude.. and I assure you that
you future customers will be *very* sensitive to your particular line of
snake-oil bull****.

Instead of being envious of others,

The only thing I envy is the man with a million dollars to waste. If that's
you, jerk-off-brain, then maybe I should re-think that assessment as well.

do something constructive with your time.

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............

I make a living at this, as do most people here. How about YOU ?

Thanks to the real pros here like Scott, Mark, and Mike.

Damned straight. It's too damned bad you were too ****ING STUPID
to follow their suggestions A WEEK AGO and avoid more of this sort of
time-wasting diatribe.

I'm done here.

Dude..... you're "done" PERIOD.... 'cause if you think anyone is going
to take your recording capabilities seriously after getting past your
incredibly overblown, egotistical, snake oil laden facade... you're nuts.

Cheers & FOAD,

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
videochas www.locoworks.com videochas www.locoworks.com is offline
Banned

On Sep 27, 1:48 pm, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" /Odm
wrote:
"Truth" wrote in message
"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" /Odm wrote:
[...]

Just buy this and it will fix up your system.

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"videochas www.locoworks.com" wrote in message

Just buy this and it will fix up your system.

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

OMG !!!! If I had been drinking coffee I'd have ruined a keyboard
while reading those customer 'testimonials'.

I'd just be embarrassed to take people's money this way... there
might actually be some laws against it if I tried. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Truth" wrote in message

What exactly are you proposing is oscillating and why?

Your cables man..... you didn't burn them in right.

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...hp?topic=38275

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

David Morgan \(MAMS\) /Odm wrote:
"videochas www.locoworks.com" wrote in message

Just buy this and it will fix up your system.

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

OMG !!!! If I had been drinking coffee I'd have ruined a keyboard
while reading those customer 'testimonials'.

I'd try it, but I am afraid it might ruin my brain nerve.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Truth wrote:

Yes, you are right about the grid in the tube, that was the problem.
Royer had 20,000 of these tubes made. 1600 of them were defective and
oscillated at 6.5k Hz + or - depending on the voltage. It was an
oscillation problem in the end.

If you go back to my sixth post in this thread dated 13 Sep (the same day you
posted your question) you'll see that I said " Something that I don't think we've
yet touched on is that there may be some instability (oscillation) at very high
frequencies in your equipment ".

How's that for prescience ?

I think Scott concluded something similar too.

And yet you ignored all the good advice you were given and fixated on the mains
which you were TOLD wasn't the problem. That's a bit like trying to fix a car's
engine by replacing the tyres !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Truth wrote:

In the end we found the solution, no thanks to dimwits like you, Eeyore, and
Richard, who were
just making pointless criticisms that didn't add anything to the discussion.

Less than 11 hours after your first post on the matter I wrote with the
suggestion that there might be " instability (oscillation) " in your equipment.

8e39a426.news.astraweb.com

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Truth wrote:

"David Morgan \(MAMS\)" wrote:
[...]

You are a vile, lying, worthless sack of ****.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

[...]

WHat I"d like to know is which of us Richards he refers to.
THe only comment I made in this thread was that he should
pay more attention to MR. DOrsey and some of those offering
assistance than he does to the salesman at best buy.
IF that's condescending or insulting I"m proud to have
insulted this moron.

Just couldn't bring myself to hit the plunk button on this
thread, kinda like a train wreck, you just gotta stand
around and watch to see waht's gonna happen next g.

Richard webb,
Replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real
email address.

YOu can suck out the frequency, but you can't frequency
out the suck.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote ...
WHat I"d like to know is which of us Richards he refers to.
THe only comment I made in this thread was that he should
pay more attention to MR. DOrsey and some of those offering
assistance than he does to the salesman at best buy.
IF that's condescending or insulting I"m proud to have
insulted this moron.

I'm almost certainly the "Richard" he is flaming.
I was about to say exactly the same thing. It is an
honor to be flamed by this troll. He likely actually
thinks he is dissing us! :-))

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in

"Truth" muttered:

You three are the real fools here. I see
straight through people like you.

You are a vile, lying, worthless sack of ****.

I count 422 posts dedicated to this troll.... (ok, 423 now).
Did I miss any?

Some of you guys are unbelievably patient.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message...

Maybe not, but the Royer support guys will. And I am really curious to
see what the resolution of this thing is.

I wonder if we get the serial numbers of the suspected 'bad tube'
microphones, or if this will just fade away. (?)

DM

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message...

(Admittedly, the added RFI threw a curve ball into this 'squeal' scenario).

"Truth" cantó para todos sus amigos:

In the end we found the solution, no thanks to dimwits like you, Eeyore, and
Richard, who were just making pointless criticisms that didn't add anything
to the discussion.

Less than 11 hours after your first post on the matter I wrote with the
suggestion that there might be " instability (oscillation) " in your equipment.

8e39a426.news.astraweb.com

Graham

And Mike Rivers said on days one and two:

oups.com...
You should try taking the mics and a preamp somewhere else. You don't
need the whole computer rig, just a set of headphones.

ps.com...
maybe if you talk to Royer, they can send you a dummy plug that you
can put on the mic end of the cable instead of the mic. If the noise
goes away that would point to the mic....

ps.com...
Like I said in (I think) my first post in this thread - move. Or, since
you don't seem to have this problem with other microphones, say
a fond farewell to the tube Royers.

To which Mr. Snake-Oil of "Truth" replied:

ups.com...
I will talk to them about getting BETTER 7 pin CABLES.

And even me (a complete nobody, yet one of the other 2 primary "fools" from
the thread) had read enough on day number three to have had the confidence
to say this:

I'm not an expert... but if this is the case, it's very likely that the whole
assembly (mics, PS, everything) needs to go back to Royer right away.

I thought you just said that this was your second complete rig from them!
Sorry... but how long can you bark up the same tree?

newssMGi.1220$ec2.786@trnddc03...
I now simply suggest he pick up the whole damned rig and take it to a
friend's house. If it still does it.....

And on day two, after hearing the audio sample, I said:

newstWGi.5432$A72.2267@trnddc08...
The squeal sounds like a failing power supply regulator or an audio
op-amp nearing max gain and breaking down.

And given the presence of a tube, which pretty much evokes a similar
symptom.......... well..... I suppose I was pretty damned close without
even knowing it.

And on day 4, I stuck my neck out by saying:

I've pretty much just been lurking through this... but am I garnering
the impression that this particular piece of Royer kit is less than
adequately designed?

In other words.... the thread should have been ended on day one by you,
day two by Mike Rivers, and on day three (quite accidentally) by me...
not to mention the 20 or more other people who caved-in to the trolling
along the way. I suppose Richard Crowley made his bad side due to
the hell he doled out over the snake oil gullibility... because he, too,
provided enough information to have determined the microphones
were potentially at fault within the first 72 hours. Of course, were it
not for the additional RFI from cheesy cables, Scott and Mike would
have had it wrapped up in just a few hours, anyway... that is, if good
buddy "Truth" had not gained more pleasure by doing everything BUT
what he was asked to do.

Yet TWO WEEKS LATER.... "Truth" has *finally* figured it out !!!!!!!!!!

Yessssssssssssssssss..... PURE GENIUS! Bad Microphones
as determined by Royer (we must assume that "Truth" didn't come
up with this *completely unexpected* analysis on his own, 12 days
after half the people here pointed fingers directly at the mics).

I sincerely hope that he spent less time grounding his hot water heater
than he appears to have spent buying power conditioners and praying
for more magic cables instead of taking his mics and pre to another
location and being done with it.

If there weren't 425 posts in this thread, I swear I'd re-read all of his
posts (especially the ones where he talked to himself) and cut out
the very best of the magic Joo-Joo and grab some great quotes.

DM

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message...

Maybe not, but the Royer support guys will. And I am really curious to
see what the resolution of this thing is.

I wonder if we get the serial numbers of the suspected 'bad tube'
microphones, or if this will just fade away. (?)

Will Scott write an addendum to his review ?

Considering that Royer KNEW about this problem it took them a heck of a long
time to respond to the OP and fix it.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Eeyore wrote:
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message...

Maybe not, but the Royer support guys will. And I am really curious to
see what the resolution of this thing is.

I wonder if we get the serial numbers of the suspected 'bad tube'
microphones, or if this will just fade away. (?)

Will Scott write an addendum to his review ?

No, but I'll probably write something about it once I figure out what really
happened.

Considering that Royer KNEW about this problem it took them a heck of a long
time to respond to the OP and fix it.

Assuming the OP ever contacted them about it in the first place. Again,
I'm holding any judgement until I know more about what happened, and it is
clear that the original poster is not going to provide that information.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Eeyore wrote:

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message...

Maybe not, but the Royer support guys will. And I am really curious to
see what the resolution of this thing is.

I wonder if we get the serial numbers of the suspected 'bad tube'
microphones, or if this will just fade away. (?)

Will Scott write an addendum to his review ?

No, but I'll probably write something about it once I figure out what really
happened.

Considering that Royer KNEW about this problem it took them a heck of a long
time to respond to the OP and fix it.

Assuming the OP ever contacted them about it in the first place.

He did say that he had already returned the microphones one time before.

I wonder how he 'figured it out' that time without some help from Royer,
and how he managed to forget that experience when this set of issues
arose.

Again,
I'm holding any judgement until I know more about what happened, and it is
clear that the original poster is not going to provide that information.

That's been the whole problem with this character... his own ideals about
JuJu magic (meaning his gullibility for advertising hype and his dependence
upon the knowledge of salesmen and audio-pile reviewers), coupled with his
virtually complete avoidance the majority of discussion and troubleshooting
steps discussed here (excepting his massive defense of the JuJu) still leads
me to believe that he has no clue as to the fact that anyone here might be
slightly more experienced than he already is in his dreams. I wonder how
he even found this place...

It would be interesting to know the truth about the mics, I think I have
friends who own this model for their rental inventory.

David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com
Morgan Audio Media Service
Dallas, Texas (214) 662-9901
_______________________________________
http://www.januarysound.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rick@royerlabs.com is offline

On Sep 13, 9:18 am, Truth wrote:
On Sep 13, 11:17 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

In article , AndyP wrote:

Does a preamp with a transformer balanced input do a better job rejecting
RF?

Almost always. There are some poorly-designed transformer inputs out
there too, though.

What kind of preamp, microphone, and cable are we dealing with here?
And what makes you think it's AM?

My chain:

House Power
Ribbon Mic's Power Box
Ribbon Mic's non standard cable, very long about 20 feet( I can't swap
it out to test it with something else)
2 Royer 122V Ribbon Mics
DH Labs 6 feet 110 Ohm XLR
Pendulum SPS1 and Weiss ADC2(has good preamps as well, problem occurs
with both)
DH Labs 12 feet to Computer Sound card DI
Lynx Two C Sound Card

This is in response to the individual who is experiencing interference
with a Royer R-122V ribbon microphone. I just found out about your
problem and want to inform you that the issue is likely due to a
defective vacuum tube. Not any of the other things that you may have
been trying in an effort to cure the problem. The oscillation that
occur randomly (between 6.5K-8.5K) are the result of mechanical design
changes in the 5840 tube. Certain date coded tubes exhibit this
phenomenon. It's a problem that is easily fixed, even if the mic had
been sent in previously for service and still exhibited the problem.
The actual source of the problem was not discovered until fairly
recently. Please contact Royer Labs and speak to Rick Perrotta for a
technical explanation and an arangemnet to get the mics replaced or
repaired at no charge. Our number is (818) 847-0121