james

Default Behringer - Very Disturbing Article

In article ,
Tim Martin wrote:

No, Roland is claiming trademark infringement; it says the Behringer pedals
look the same as its pedals.

They do. The grip surface on my Roland EV-5 looks exactly like the
pedals on my Behringer 1010. Until now I'd just assumed that the part
came from the same third-party vendor.

james

In article ,
Art Science wrote:

BTW--there are Hammond fanatics who swear by the sound of the Xk-3.

They sound pretty good -- although there's really no substitute for
a Leslie in the room with it.

Ray Abbitt

In article ,
George Gleason wrote:

I was addressing system robustness, and they no longer
lease those old five pound, black, rotary dial phones.
They were replaced by modulars long ago. Don't know
that one can get a service tech to drop by your house
and fix the phone as part of the standard lease service.

Later...

that is standard procedure with our telco
you have lease lines/phones you get immeadiate in house service, no charge

I choose to own and maintain my own inside wiring and phones

I don't know where you live George, but in California neither SBC nor
Verizon leases phones to residential service. And the inside wiring (by
law) belongs to the property owner (in the past it didn't, but that was
over 20 years ago. You can buy (ridiculously expensive) insurance through
the phone companies to cover your own phones and wiring. But you can't
lease (or even buy) a wired telephone (for residential use) from either
company. They supply dial tone to the interface box. From there it is
your problem, not theirs. (And personally that is the way I like it, but
I used to work for a telephone company, so I understand.)

-ray
dial tone to the

George Gleason

Ray Abbitt wrote in
:

In article
, George
Gleason wrote:

[...]

I live in Syracuse Ny and I do not know if you can get new lease service
but my parents are still leasing thiers
George
Aaron J. Grier

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Ron(UK)" wrote in message

After living a year in Germany for about a year, coming back to
U.S.-standard electrics was like rejoining a suicide club. You may
have higher voltages, but there's a lot to say for proper management.

after having returned from a business trip to germany I have to wonder
what the deal is with the US neutral... germany has two out of phase
hot wires at 120V vs what I assume is ground? there is no neutral?

and UK has the loop circuits and fuses/breakers in every plug, right?
pointers to the history leading to this would be appreciated.

--
Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
"silly brewer, saaz are for pils!" -- virt