Blind Joni

Quality sound isn't called for in the constitution either, but it sure is
nice to have. Especially since we ALREADY had it. Especially if we
already EARNED it through over two & a quarter centuries of hard work &
dedication by the leaders & people. That the worldwide respect the US had
could be SQUANDERED in less than four years is nothing short of SHAMEFUL.

I'm not really disagreeing here. I would point out that the purpose of our
existence for the past centuries was not to earn acceptance by others..a
byproduct maybe but not a part of the rules.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

Define PEACE..

The absence of war.

as an achieveable end..in the real world...and please don't
overestimate your individual power as someone who "promotes" it.

As an acheivable end? How about making war a last resort, making sure
that every conceivable option has been exhausted first.

This just keeps us out of a fracus..it doesn't make world peace. I'm just
trying to define what we are after in terms of what we have the power to
affect.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Don Cooper

Blind Joni wrote:

You are so arrogant..it almost makes me laugh. That's right, I just say things
because it's so important to me to bug you...why don't you ask me what I tnink
instead of making proclamations over and over while ignoring direct questions.
You want to comment on a discussion but only want to see certain poster
views...did that work good in Math class?

I thought you guys were coup de la.

Don Cooper

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

I've noticed than conservatives seem more comfortable with a world
view of cynicsm, paranoia and negativity than one of hope, faith and
possibility.

You could replace the word "conservatives" with "liberals" in the above
sentence and it would still ring true.

Same with "paranoid negative cynics".

George

I think
we
have done what we can and should be getting out and regrouping our efforts
reestablish alliances with our traditional allies.

and just how is voteing for Bush going to accomplish this?

Blind Joni

I think
we
have done what we can and should be getting out and regrouping our efforts

reestablish alliances with our traditional allies.

and just how is voteing for Bush going to accomplish this?

I don't know if voting for anyone has an effect on the possibility of this.I
won't decide my vote on one issue.
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

Well if it's not foreign relations and foreign policy, what issue is
going to make you vote for Bush? Would it be his miserable record on
the environment, labor issues, government secrecy, state-sanctioned
torture, the ignoring of the geneva conventions, cutting veterans
benefits, trashing your right to privacy, the attempts to modify our
constitution, or the terrible deficit?

Yeah..yeah..those.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Lorin David Schultz

1. None of those discussions ever get as lengthy (or frequent) as the
interminable political pontification threads here. I read offline, so I
get stuck using up bandwidth to download all that ****.

2. I can discuss politics ANYWHERE. I can't discuss pro audio with my
friends and family though. That's why I come here. If it's just gonna
be more of the same **** I can get around the water cooler, there isn't
really any reason to come here (which, you may or may not have noticed,
I don't much anymore).

3. Aside from the many American regulars who don't want political
discussions here, many of us don't even live in the USA and, with due
respect to our American colleagues, aren't really all that interested in
discussing domestic issues that are pretty much irrelevant where we
live. Would American readers want to see reams of posts about the
consequences of the minority government in Canada and how it will affect
policy making? Of course not -- it doesn't affect them. That's how
non-American readers feel about Bush threads.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

"hank alrich" wrote in message
. ..
Ain't it great? They're saying if we don't talk politics you're

not an
asshole. g

Got it. But what about coffee, single malt whiskies, BBQ, hot sauce,

tofu, &
all the other important OT issues of importance?

Ty eats and drinks and probably fornicates, too. How do those not fit
into audio work? Must not we do those in order to remain alive and

sane?
Crazy dead people could deliver regrettable audio.

--
ha

Willie K.Yee, M.D.

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:06:23 -0700, playon wrote:

The vast majority of the people in the world only want to live in
peace, that's a given and should be common sense -- who prefers war?
Their leaders, that's another story.

For those interested in pursuing the subject, there is a book by
?Seymore? Katz, called The WarMongers, published in the '70's, I
think, that gives a historical examination about who really benefits
from war, and always had a motivation to promote it.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org

killermike

Lorin David Schultz wrote:
1. None of those discussions ever get as lengthy (or frequent) as the
interminable political pontification threads here. I read offline, so I
get stuck using up bandwidth to download all that ****.

Me too.

2. I can discuss politics ANYWHERE. I can't discuss pro audio with my
friends and family though. That's why I come here. If it's just gonna
be more of the same **** I can get around the water cooler, there isn't
really any reason to come here (which, you may or may not have noticed,
I don't much anymore).

Yep.

3. Aside from the many American regulars who don't want political
discussions here, many of us don't even live in the USA and, with due
respect to our American colleagues, aren't really all that interested in
discussing domestic issues that are pretty much irrelevant where we
live. Would American readers want to see reams of posts about the
consequences of the minority government in Canada and how it will affect
policy making? Of course not -- it doesn't affect them. That's how
non-American readers feel about Bush threads.

Spot on, IMO.

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
np:

Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 22:44:40 GMT

On 2004-09-07
said:
The differences between the US and
terrorist organizations, whether you believe it or not, is the we
do ultimately care how we act. We do realize the folly of our
blunders and celebrate our success's. The foreign policy of the
US is a fluid process, one in which we learn from the sum of the
parts, and try to make sense of it. The History of the US shows a
country who basic elements of it's government are heavily weighted
towards doing what's right. To sus out Bush as the *problem* or to
try and make his cabinet responsible for the last 100 years of
world politics is ridiculous. In the scheme of things, if Bush
isn't re-elected, then who do you blame for things that started in
the 40's? Or if you don't recall your history, that is the time
that contrary to what the rest of the middle east wanted, Israel
was made a nation by Allied decision. That is what started the
lunatic fringe on their current path. --

WE must remember too that there's almost an institutional memory among
the followers of Islam regarding the crusades. tHey have a long
tradition of oral history as well as their written works which they
teach to their children.

THough Nathan's comments quoted above are generally correct we've made
our share of blunders in international affairs, Central and SOuth
America and other places. IT's done mainly in the name of control of
resources however and not furthering self determination by the people
who live in these countries where we meddle in the name of controlling
access to said resources. IF you are truly interested in furthering
democracy and self determination sometimes you have to live with
people choosing leaders even when you don't agree with their politics.

IT all goes back to the old saw which says: "THose who do not learn
from history are condemned to repeat it."

Richard Webb,
Electric SPider Productions, New Orleans, La.
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

THat's OK, I wasn't using all of my civil liberties anyway.